We are looking for a Senior iOS Software Engineer to join our team at the Braga office!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Smith Micro Software, a NASDAQ company that creates software products and services to simplify, secure, and enhance the mobile experience. We have offices in Aliso Viejo, Pittsburgh, Stockholm, Belgrade and Braga.
The Braga engineering team is primarily engaged in the development of family location and protection services technology that is currently live in multiple carriers around the globe with focus on safety and protection of children, the elderly, and other family members requiring extra care.
Working with agile methodologies and with a team of software engineers developing products and projects on different technologies that are shipped worldwide (iOS, Android, web single page apps, cloud based backend solutions), your primary focus will be the development of web/mobile/backend based applications, with opportunities currently available in our main product line, SafePath.
We work in a great environment, and we offer great benefits and perks. Come and meet us at the Braga office!
- Design, develop and test iOS based applications.
- Collaborate with agile cross-functional teams to define, estimate, design, and ship new features.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and other teams to clarify technical requirements.
- Analyze functional requirements and propose suitable technical solutions and technologies.
- Mentor less experienced software developers in technology, architecture and patterns.
- Provide cross project and cross platform technical leadership.
- Participate in code and design reviews of the engineering team.
- Develop unit tests, update and run test plans and work on bug fixing.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Help ensure performance, scalability, quality and responsiveness of our products.
- Proactively search, evaluate and propose the adoption of new frameworks, technologies and processes.
- Contribute to continuous integration, test automation and deploy processes and activities.
- 5+ year of experience.
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- University dregree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Excellent understanding of the iOS SDK, iOS development life cycle and associated patterns.
- Extensive experience with Objective-C and/or Swift programming.
- Extensive experience with most commonly used iOS frameworks and APIs.
- Extensive experience supporting different screen resolutions and device types.
- Extensive experience with asynchronous communications.
- Extensive experience using crash analysis and profiling tools.
- Extensive experience integrating with RESTful based back-end services APIs.
- Experience with CocoaPods dependency management technology.
- Experience managing iOS developer account requirements (certificates, profiles, devices, etc.)
- Experience with creating unit tests as well as developer unit testing.
- Knowledge on security best practices for mobile application development/integration.
- Experience with enterprise level branching/merging strategies.
- Experience publishing apps through iTunesConnect.
- Experience on Android, hybrid mobile development technology and/or other technologies is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.