We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Smith Micro Software, a NASDAQ company that creates software products and services to simplify, secure, and enhance the mobile experience. We have currently offices in Aliso Viejo, Pittsburgh, Stockholm, Belgrade and Braga.
Working with a team of software engineers developing products and projects on different technologies that are shipped worldwide (iOS, Android, web single page apps, cloud based backend solutions), your primary focus will be to lead a team of engineers in the analysis, customization and implementation of SafePath based products in mobile carriers across the globe with implementations currently live in Europe, Asia and South America.
We work in a great environment, and we offer great benefits and perks. Come and meet us at the Braga office!
If you’re up for the challenge, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work with a team of engineers in the development of integration and customization requirements to implement SafePath products into new or existing customers.
- Analyze integration/customization requirements, provide estimates, identify dependencies, propose suitable implementation strategies and breakdown requirements into a working development plan.
- Design, develop and test all backend integration/customization work required to enable SafePath implementations.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and/or the customer to clarify project and/or technical requirements.
- Coordinate with the product team and help identify product requirements to make project implementations simple, faster and less error prone.
- Participate in code and design reviews and drive overall quality of the team.
- Mentor less experienced software developers in technology, architecture and patterns.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Help ensure performance, scalability, quality and responsiveness of our products.
- Proactively search, evaluate and advocate the adoption of new frameworks, technologies and processes.
- Occasional traveling required for kick-off and other meetings with the customer.
- 5+ years of experience with backend development technologies.
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree.
- Excellent understanding of backend development life cycle and associated patterns.
- Experience developing Java EE based solutions.
- Experience with RESTful/SOAP web services development.
- Experience with DBMS systems (MySQL is preferred).
- Experience using Java frameworks and APIs.
- Experience in deploying and managing large scale cloud based environments (AWS is preferred)
- Experience with server profiling, performance and scalability.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems.
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.
- Experience with Linux OS based distributions.
- Experience with Docker or other container based technology.