Title: Information Technology Intern
Duration: 6 months
We are looking for a talented Information Technology (“IT”) Intern with a great attitude, an excellent attendance record, savvy Tech skills and eager to work with our Information Technology team, based in McCandless Corporate Park, in Pittsburgh. With the fast-paced growth of our organization, the IT Intern will gain experience in IT/Network Administration, Hardware and Software implementations and technology refreshes, develop the troubleshooting skills and communication techniques needed to effectively work with a diverse environment. The IT Intern will report to the Manager of Information Technology and be exposed to meetings, vendor interactions and other business activities conducted on behalf of the Information Technology department.
Project(s) Intern will be working on:
- Responding to user requests for IT service issues, troubleshoot problems, and respond to IT helpdesk tickets.
- Implementing Active Directory moves, adds, and changes.
- Supporting PC and Macintosh hardware components, desktop operating systems, and various software applications.
- Participating in the Laptop Refresh project.
- Performing minor repairs to IT managed devices and equipment.
- Investigating and remediating computers infected with spyware, adware, and/or viruses.
- Monitoring backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
Goals for Intern:
- Learn what it is like to work in the IT Department of a global organization
- Build new technical skills and tweak ones you already have.
- Broaden your professional network, gain contacts and future recommendations.
- Benefit from one-on-one learning opportunities.
- Get a sense of what happens in a fast-paced software development company.
- Possibility to convert an internship into a full-time job opportunity after college.
Preferred course of study: Information Systems / Computer Science
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Positive attitude
- Professional and analytical mindset
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Computer proficient
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels.
- Involves prolonged sitting and computer usage.
- Position is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.