A Message from Smith Micro CEO Bill Smith Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 17, 2020
Smith Micro is actively monitoring the rapidly changing global health situation related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and closely following current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local governments.
We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our employees, customers, and visitors, as well as ensuring the continuity of all our business operations. As part of our local and global communities, we all have to do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19. As such, Smith Micro has implemented several precautionary measures on a company-wide scale.
What We’re Doing:
- We have restricted all air travel for all employees
- We are recommending that all of our employees work from home
- We are requiring all employees who are feeling ill or have a family member ill to stay home
- Employees are required to self-quarantine if they have had exposure to someone who may be considered a higher risk of COVID-19 infection
- Employees who have traveled in certain high-risk countries or areas are required to self-quarantine
- All Smith Micro employees who are or will be working from home have been provided with the necessary tools and technology to do so
- IT training on essential collaboration and connectivity tools has been made available to all employees
While the global economic disruption caused by the spread of COVID-19 is unprecedented, Smith Micro has the existing processes, skills, and expertise to weather this storm. As a business with a multinational footprint across many time zones, we have decades of experience working in widely distributed, geographically diverse teams. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals committed to developing and perfecting carrier-grade software solutions to meet our customer needs.
I am working with my executive team to establish and monitor proactive measures to ensure “business as usual” at Smith Micro. As a software company, our smart and talented workforce is our most valuable asset, and keeping the Smith Micro family healthy and productive is my number one priority during this tumultuous time.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact me at email@example.com.
William W. Smith, Jr.
Chairman of the Board, President & CEO
Smith Micro Software