Internet Cleanup 5.0 Provides Greater Protection From The Latest Internet Threats And Enhanced Privacy Protection
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Consumer Group today announced the release of Internet Cleanup™ 5.0 for the Mac, the newest version of its popular privacy protection software. In addition to existing features such as SpyAlert™ and NetBlockade™, Internet Cleanup 5 now boasts Device Sentry™, a new solution that stops pod-slurping and other forms of data theft by preventing thieves from mounting iPods, thumb drives, or other external USB or Firewire devices to a machine without authorization, as well as a revised interface designed for ease-of-use and full compatibility with Mac OS 10.5 Leopard. For more information about Internet Cleanup 5.0, please visit http://www.smithmicro.com/mac/cleanup.
Internet Cleanup 5.0 is a comprehensive collection of tools that help protect privacy and improve the Internet experience. Other new tools include Bookmark Manager, which allows users to synchronize all bookmarks between web browsers and has the ability to validate bookmarks to ensure each link is still alive and active. Simple File Hider protects privacy by hiding any file or folder from snoopers. Internet cleanup 5 also offers the ability to automatically e-mail detailed results of scheduled tasks to an e-mail address.
Internet Cleanup is compatible with both Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers. Existing tools including SpyAlert, Network SpyAlert and NetBlockade have many new enhancements making them more effective and easier to use. Internet Cleanup 5 also now offers burn-to-disc and duplicate to StuffIt archive capabilities, and Move to StuffIt Archive actions have been added for applying to search results.
"With powerful new features designed to keep your Mac safe, organized, and running at its best, Internet Cleanup 5 makes managing your important files and maintaining your privacy easier and faster than ever," said Fletcher Wu, Product Manager, Smith Micro Software, Inc. "Smith Micro has built upon its popular and affordable Internet Cleanup software to offer advanced protection tools for the Mac such as Device Sentry and Simple File Hider to stop potential thieves and hide folders from snoopers. We've also added new functionality to simplify the process of managing files on your Mac, including features like BookMark Manager, Connection Viewer and Automatic Schedule Email that help streamline the user experience."
- NEW! Device Sentry - Stops pod-slurping and other forms of data theft by preventing thieves from mounting iPods, thumb drives, or other external USB or Firewire devices without authorization
- NEW! Bookmark Manager - Easily synchronizes bookmarks for all web browsers on the Mac
- NEW! Simple File Hider- Protects privacy by hiding any file or folder in Finder from snoopers
- NEW! Connection Viewer - Ability to take control and stop suspicious programs from phoning home by determining what information is being sent and received from any program that is attempting to connect to the Internet.
- NEW! E-mail results for Schedule - Includes the ability to automatically e-mail detailed results of scheduled tasks to an e-mail address
Significant Enhancements and Improvements:
- Newly designed interface makes using Internet Cleanup easier than ever
- Provides full support for Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard"
- SpyAlert feature blocks over 30 new additions of keyloggers and other types of spyware programs
- MailCleaner function fully supports Mozilla Thunderbird 2 email client
- Internet File Finder now supports the latest versions of all supported web browsers
- Scheduled tasks now have the ability to notify the user of any missed tasks and provides options that allow the ability to automatically reschedule
- Users now have the ability to get answers to questions with ease through the Contextual Help feature
- IM Log Cleaner supports the newest versions of all supported instant message clients
- Improved NetBlockade feature blocks more ads and pop ups
Pricing and Availability:
The MSRP for Internet Cleanup 5.0 is $29.99. The application is available at the Smith Micro web store at: http://mysmithmicro.com/mac/cleanup/updates.html and popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.Registered users of any version of Internet Cleanup can upgrade to Internet Cleanup 5.0 for $19.99. This offer is available for a limited time. To upgrade, please visit: http://mysmithmicro.com/store/upgrades.html.Download a Free trial version at http://mysmithmicro.com/mac/cleanup/trial.html
To learn more about and our product lines visit: http://www.mysmithmicro.com.
Internet Cleanup 5.0 requires Mac OS 10.4.1(Tiger) or higher, fully compatible with Mac OS 10.5.x (Leopard). Internet Cleanup 5 is Universal Binary, compatible with both Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops and markets wireless multimedia and communications solutions, mobile device management products, image and data compression solutions and many award winning software products. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through Smith Micro's Enterprise, Channel and OEM Sales Groups, and direct from our websites, retail and value-added resellers (VARs) partners. Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI.
Safe Harbor Statement: This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation forward-looking statements relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's ability to increase its business and the anticipated timing and financial performance of new products and potential acquisitions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statements. Smith Micro assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.