QuickLink Media Manages Music, Photos and Videos to Simplify Sending Content to a Mobile Device
CTIA Wireless IT & Entertainment 2007 - Orlando, FL - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI), a leading provider of a wide range of software and services for the wireless market, today announced QuickLink® Media, an intuitive, all-in-one, PC-based multimedia manager for mobile devices.
QuickLink Media is an innovative application with distinct advantages for end users, wireless carriers and device manufacturers. End users will enjoy greater control over the music, photos, video and other content on their mobile devices. Wireless carriers gain a cost-effective, customizable platform for delivering premium multimedia content to subscribers. Device manufacturers will benefit from QuickLink Media's integrated support for many device types, media formats and transfer protocols.
"We continue to see significant growth in the demand for premium multimedia on mobile phones and PDA devices. Consumers are demanding more variety of personalization options, and the QuickLink Media solution is designed to enhance the overall mobile media entertainment experience." said William W. Smith, Jr., President and CEO of Smith Micro Software. "Our offering gives mobile entertainment enthusiasts the ability to access and share their favorite media files from their preferred wireless devices seamlessly. We believe that QuickLink Media addresses this growing marketplace, and significantly expands our market reach as we continue to expand our leadership in the wireless software universe."
QuickLink Media's end-user benefits:
- Access a carrier's online media store to purchase and download songs, pictures, video, games and ring tones.
- Side-load media files from a PC to a wide range of media-capable mobile phones.
- Monitor a phone's available memory (both internal memory and any memory card).
- Offer users dual-downloading of media files to any PC, providing a local copy of files initially purchased on a mobile device.
- Provide users with a dedicated application-designed specifically for their phones-to organize media and manage all file transfers.
- Help subscribers use their PCs to automatically convert file formats and sampling rates to those required by their mobile device.
QuickLink Media's wireless carrier benefits:
- Customized and branding the entire multimedia management experience from start to finish.
- Support media-capable mobile phones of their choice, accommodating various devices' features and supported file formats.
- Drive customers directly to preferred online media stores and album services.
- Increase subscriber media purchases, data usage and ARPU by offering a vast array of features in a highly functional and attractive format.
- Offer complete media management kits in retail stores.
- Support Microsoft DRM (10.11), OMA (1,2) and Groove.
- Provide an intuitive user interface and convenient help resources to minimize customer support costs.
QuickLink Media features integrated support for a vast range of industry-standard audio, image and video formats. The application's core media library is fully interoperable with Windows Media Player versions 10 & 11, XP and Vista. QuickLink Media is also compatible with Smith Micro's ActiveImaging technology which allows users to send photos and video clips as multimedia messages enhanced with text messages, audio clips, borders, and more.
QuickLink Media is a new addition to the Smith Micro's suite of mobile multimedia solution. The Company's extensive experience continues to expand its leadership role in delivering innovative software solutions for the wireless industry.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, designs integrated cross-platform, easy-to-use software for personal and business computing worldwide. With a focus on wireless, broadband and Internet technologies, the company's products and services enable wireless communications, file and image compression and multimedia management. The company's award-winning software solutions empower Windows and Macintosh users in the areas of information access, removal, recovery, security, and Internet distribution. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through Smith Micro's Enterprise, Channel, OEM Sales Groups, and direct from our websites, retail and value-added resellers (VARs) partners. Smith Micro's common stock trades on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI.
Safe Harbor Statement: This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation forward-looking statements relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's ability to increase its business and the anticipated timing and financial performance of new products and potential acquisitions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statements. Smith Micro assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.