Smith Micro Expands CommSuite® Voice Messaging Solutions Platform
ALISO VIEJO, CA, February 21, 2019 – Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) (“Smith Micro” or the “Company”) today announced a series of innovative enhancements to its industry leading CommSuite® voice messaging platform. These new features will enhance the digital lifestyles of mobile consumers, giving them even more options to access and manage their voice initiated connections from anywhere.
CommSuite is a comprehensive platform that provides a reliable and contemporary way for carriers and mobile users to ensure their voice messages are both heard and seen. Its robust voice messaging ecosystem allows users to access their voice-initiated messages in a variety of modern and convenient ways.
The CommSuite platform now includes:
- CommSuite Voice: Client-based voicemail app that provides Visual-Voice-Mail (VVM) and Voice-To-Text (VTT) services that can boost subscriber satisfaction while generating new revenue streams by offering innovative features such as “add to calendar,” “send short automated reply,” “create custom folder,” and “play message from inbox.”
- CommSuite Anywhere: A clientless solution that works on any smartphone and enables users to receive and respond to voicemail messages from any device at any time.This solution also recognizes new generation users’ preference to receive messages as SMS/MMS.
- CommSuite Cloud: A customizable and scalable solution that provides Voice Assistant, enabling users to listen to their messages without a phone through market-leading voice assisted devices, as well as Context, which categorizes voicemails into custom folders, allowing users to distinguish between spam and other unwanted calls so they can easily receive the calls most important to them.
“The expansion of our CommSuite platform offers Mobile Operators new and innovative ways for their customers to receive and view voice messages in an ever-changing mobile world,” said William W. Smith, Jr., President and CEO of Smith Micro Software. “These enhancements allow for increased flexibility and value while engaging the next generation of users so voice messaging is compatible with their digital lifestyle. You can look forward to greater expansion of functionality and capabilities for CommSuite in 2019.”
The new CommSuite platform also provides carriers with benefits such as:
- Analytics to enhance adoption and retention rates
- Streamlined billing integration
- The ability to continue monetizing a legacy service through a lightweight platform with robust features
The CommSuite platform’s newest solutions modernize voicemail and push the experience beyond the current app by fitting into the flow of the new connected lifestyle of today’s consumer. By considering what the next generation of users want and expect from voice message services, CommSuite has evolved into the next generation of voice messaging.
For further information, please visit: CommSuite Product Suite
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.
Smith Micro develops software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to some of the leading wireless service providers and Cable MSOs around the world. From enabling the family digital lifestyle to providing powerful voice messaging capabilities, our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones and consumer IoT devices. The Smith Micro portfolio also includes a wide range of products for creating, sharing and monetizing rich content, such as visual voice messaging, optimizing retail content display, performing analytics on any product set, and 2D/3D graphics applications. For more information, visit www.smithmicro.com.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners.
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements regarding future events or results, including without limitation, statements relating to our future plans for and availability of certain products and product features, and other statements using words like “will,” “should,” “expect,” “plan,” “intend” and other similar expressions. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Among the important factors that could cause or contribute to such differences are changes in demand for the products that we offer, delays in our product development and third party integration efforts, and our ability to timely and effectively compete with other software and technology companies. These and other factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements contained in this release are made on the basis of the views and assumptions of management regarding future events and business performance as of the date of this release, and we do not undertake any obligation to update these statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this release.