The NetWise Director™ solution from Smith Micro enforces operator-defined rules to intelligently manage mobile data traffic across access networks. This allows mobile operators, like Sprint, to selectively target areas of congestion, providing seamless connectivity for the user.
The core solution consists of a device client, a policy server, and an analytics server. With these components, the operator can create and manage policies to reduce congestion, enforce policy by directing traffic between Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G networks, and evaluate traffic patterns.
These key components can also interoperate with third-party network elements to provide session and security persistence as the operator network evolves, further enhancing the user experience.
The client features rich routing logic across notebooks, smartphones, tablets, and other connected devices.
For more information on how NetWise Director can help with mobile data offload, 3G offload, or Wi-Fi offload, please complete this form or send an email to
Features and Benefits
The NetWise Director solution—consisting of the client, policy server, and analytics—provides a flexible, targeted approach that is highly effective in addressing mobile data congestion while maintaining a quality user experience.
- Policy-based selection of access network for targeted congestion management
- Intelligent radio management to maximize data offloading while optimizing user’s battery life
- Remote policy management for simplified policy administration
- Off-network analytics gathering for evaluating traffic and refining policies
- Session continuity for seamless connections across access networks
- Standard-based security and authentication, interoperable with third-party security gateways (e.g., PDG, PDIF)
- OEM integration, maintenance release or preloaded client for transparent deployment