CheckIt Diagnostics Finds Hidden Hardware Issues Before Disaster Hits and Prolongs the Life of PCs
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group today announced the availability of CheckIt® Diagnostics 8 for Windows, the most intuitive diagnostic software for finding and fixing common PC problems before they become failures. The newest version of CheckIt Diagnostics brings full Windows 7 compatibility and enhanced features that allow customers to diagnose and correct hard drive memory corruption and many other PC issues. Over one million customers rely on CheckIt® branded products to save money, avoid downtime and prevent unexpected computer catastrophes.
"No matter the economic climate, consumers want their technology investments to last longer, and require a diagnostic tool that will help them to make smart decisions about the health of their PC," said Pauline Shumake, Senior Product Manager at Smith Micro Software. "With CheckIt Diagnostics, users can save hundreds of dollars and avoid the inconvenience of taking their computer in for repair. The software enables users of any skill-set to conduct a full system assessment immediately and determine whether their system or a component within their system, such as a hard drive, monitor or internal modem is malfunctioning, before it actually fails."
CheckIt Diagnostics 8 for Windows Features and Benefits:
- NEW - New User Interface - Features an intuitive and easier-to-use interface displaying the most commonly used and pertinent information
- NEW - New Tests - Gives users the ability to diagnose hardware problems including modems, USB, FireWire and other ports, as well as other common instruments like cameras, MP3 players, and wireless devices, making it easy to determine whether the trouble is with the device or the computer
- NEW - Components Tests - Offers information about the component, test results and a possible fix, if available
- NEW - Email or Export Reports - Offers users the ability to send email reports to IT professionals for assistance in fixing any issue
- NEW - Version Checking - Alerts users of the latest software update or upgrade notifications to CheckIt Diagnostics
Pricing and Availability:
The MSRP for CheckIt Diagnostics 8 for Windows is $49.99 for a 3-user license.
CheckIt Diagnostics for Windows is available direct from the Smith Micro web store at http://www.smithmicro.com/checkit/diagnostics and from popular resellers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide. To learn about Smith Micro's complete line of products, visit www.smithmicro.com.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops mobility solutions that enable seamless broadband connectivity and next generation media and mobile convergence products over wireless networks.
The Company's Productivity and Graphics Group provides software solutions for people who want their computing experience to be more secure, organized and creative. Smith Micro Software's complete lines of products are available through its sales groups, and direct from its websites, retail distributors and value-added resellers. Smith Micro Software's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. For more information, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com.
Safe Harbor Statement:
Smith Micro, Smith Micro logo and CheckIt are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.