Industry-Leading Solution for Compressing Photos, MP3s and Office Docs - With Support for Zip and Over 25 Other Compression Formats - Now Available in French, German, Japanese and Chinese Language Versions
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group, today announced multi-language versions of StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows, the award-winning file management and compression software. StuffIt Deluxe for Windows creates and expands zip and StuffIt archives, while supporting over 25 other compression formats.
StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows is now available in French, German, Japanese and Chinese languages with enhancements that better enable users to compress photos and MP3 files with no quality loss, and because you can compress email attachment you can send them faster, and save more files onto media such as CDs, DVDs and memory sticks. For instance, the Smith Micro patented JPEG image compression technology offers the best photo compression, shrinking JPEGs 30 percent on average with no loss in image quality.
"Using StuffIt, you can zip your files, or create StuffIt archives to take advantage of the tightest compression available on the market," said Eric Kopf, StuffIt Product Manager for Smith Micro Software. "StuffIt outperforms the competition when compressing most common photo, music and Microsoft Office files, delivering more value for the money, including the ability to share files more easily, fit more data on devices with limited capacity and feel more secure with StuffIt's 512-bit encryption."
Today over 10 million users around the world rely on StuffIt products to compress, back up, protect and archive their documents, expansive music and photo collections, as well as exchange files seamlessly between Windows and Macintosh environments. StuffIt's patented lossless compression technology shrinks photos, PDFs, MP3s and Microsoft Office documents better than competing products.
In addition, the rise of netbooks combined with the rapid proliferation of digital cameras means that many users need to optimize space for the ever-growing number of images and files stored on hard drives. StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows is an ideal companion for todays more affordable and streamlined machines like netbooks, most of which lack the expansive hard drives found on traditional laptops.
StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows Key Features:
- NEW - French, German, Japanese and Simplified Chinese localizations
- NEW - 64-bit shell extension allowing users to access the power of StuffIt easily from the Windows Explorer context menu
- NEW - Powerful SEA Builder utility now builds MSI installers and creates multi-lingual Self-Extracting Archives (SEAs) to allow anyone to receive and open an archive without special software
- Expanded Support for File Formats - Supports over 25 file formats including expansion support for 7z archives, LZMA compressed files, segmented Zip archives and split archives
- StuffIt Droplets™ - Automates repetitive tasks like backing up data, uploading files to FTP sites and attaching files to emails. To save time, users can create multiple, unique Droplets and quickly run them without launching the StuffIt application
- Easy-To-Use Start Page - Provides easy access to all Wizards, tools and tutorials
- StuffIt Context Menu - Provides instant access to the most recent and frequently used actions, all located conveniently at the top level of the Windows Explorer Context Menu
- Faster and Smaller Archiving - Patent-pending Duplicate Folding™ stores only a single copy of duplicate items within archives to improve expansion and compression time, eliminating redundancy and increasing space on the hard drive
- Multiprocessor Support - Takes advantage of the new generation of Dual and Quad core processors from Intel and AMD
Pricing, Availability and Requirements:
This update is free for all registered users of StuffIt 2009 for Windows. Registered users of any previous version of StuffIt Deluxe or StuffIt Standard for Windows can upgrade to the full StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows for just $19.99. To upgrade, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com/stuffit/win/upgrade.
The MSRP for StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for Windows is $49.99. The MSRP for StuffIt Standard 2009 for Windows is $24.99. StuffIt is also available at popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops mobility solutions that enable seamless broadband connectivity and next generation of media and mobile convergence products over wireless networks.
The Company's Productivity and Graphics Group provides software solutions for people who want their computing experience to be more secure, organized and creative. Smith Micro's complete lines of products are available through Smith Micro's Wireless, OEM, and Enterprise Sales groups, and direct from its websites, retail and value-added resellers (VARs). Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. For more information, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo, StuffIt, and StuffIt Deluxe are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.