Spring Cleaning 8.0 Lets Users Take Control of Their Computer With New Cleanup, Organizing, Maintenance and Privacy Features
San Francisco, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: SMSI) Allume Systems division, today announced the release of Spring Cleaning® 8.0, its best-selling Mac clean-up utility that optimizes computer performance and helps users keep their Mac clean and organized. Smith Micro will be showing the software at Macworld (Booth 1237) for the first time. With over a dozen new features and improvements, Spring Cleaning 8.0 is designed to help you stay on top of the clutter that comes from today's digital lifestyle.
With Spring Cleaning, users can do routine maintenance, or focus on cleaning out unnecessary files like email attachments, duplicate files, unwanted programs and more. Spring Cleaning helps each step of the way.
"With Spring Cleaning 8.0, users can now rename files in batch mode, synchronize folders, manage Widgets, burn their files or archives to a CD and much more", said Pauline Shumake, Senior Product Manager. "Now Spring Cleaning gives users greater control over managing what is on their Mac."
Spring Cleaning 8.0 includes many powerful new features:
- NEW! FIND ALL OF THOSE DIGITAL IMAGES STREWN ABOUT YOUR MAC - The Image Finder tool quickly locates all stray image files and allows users to import them into iPhoto, burn them to a CD, rename files prior to importing to iPhoto and more.
- NEW! ROUND UP YOUR MUSIC FILES - The Music Finder utility finds music files wherever they are and lets users decide where they want them and how they want to store them. Stuff them in an archive, burn them to a CD, import them to iTunes, and many more options.
- NEW! NO MORE MISSING ARCHIVES - With Archive Finder, users can locate all of their archives and manage them with Spring Cleaning's powerful and easy actions.
- NEW! MANAGE WIDGETS EASIER - With Widget Finder users can uninstall or install Widgets with ease.
- NEW! GET RID OF USELESS CODE - The Universal Slimmer tool can tell automatically if users are running an Intel Processor Mac or a standard PowerPC and strip out the unneeded code.
- NEW! 3 NEW POWERFUL ACTIONS - Users can now Rename any file, Burn files to a CD or DVD, and compress their Jpeg's with StuffIt Compression.
- NEW! PICK A FOLDER AND PICK AN ACTION - The Choose tool allows users to pick any folder and take any of the Spring Cleaning actions to the files in that folder. The ultimate in flexibility.
- NEW! GET RID OF DMG FILES - Disk Image Finder locates all common disk image formats on a user's Mac for easy archival, deletion or take other actions.
- IMPROVED! CLEAN OUT SYSTEM AND USER CACHE - The Logs and Temporary Items Finder now cleans out system and user cache for greater privacy.
- IMPROVED! APPLE MAIL SUPPORT IN MAILCLEANER - MailCleaner now supports any action on attachments downloaded via Apple Mail.
- IMPROVED! SYSTEM SNAPSHOT ENHANCEMENTS -Take System Snapshot's of your Mac and find out what changed since your last snapshot. Easy way to find out what changes a software update made or if some one else has been using your Mac while you were away.
- IMPROVED! FONT FILE FINDER - Font File Finder has been re-written for greater accuracy and confidence.
- IMPROVED! SUPPORTS ALL MAJOR BROWSERS - Internet File Finder now supports Mozilla FireFox, OmniWeb, Mozilla, and Shiira browsers as well as Safari, Internet Explorer/AOL, Camino, iCab, Opera, Netscape, and Sherlock.
Pricing, Availability and Requirements
Spring Cleaning 8.0 sells for $49.99 and is available directly from our web store at http://www.allume.com/store/ and major retailers, Apple Stores, mail order catalogs, and through Smith Micro's international partner network. For information about Spring Cleaning visit: http://www.allume.com/springcleaning.
Upgrades are available directly from Smith Micro's Allume site for $29.99 for registered owners of Spring Cleaning or users who received Spring Cleaning through Symantec SystemWorks®. Upgrades are available at http://www.Allume.com/store/upgrades.html.
To learn more about Smith Micro's Allume Systems division and our product lines visit: www.allume.com, or www.smithmicro.com.
About Smith Micro Software:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, is a developer and marketer of wireless communication, broadband and utility software products for multiple OS platforms. The company designs integrated cross platform, easy-to-use software for personal computing and business solutions around the world. With a focus on Wireless and Broadband technologies and the Internet, the company's products and services enable wireless communications, file compression, eCommerce, eBusiness, Internet communications (voice-over-IP), video conferencing, network fax, and traditional computer telephony. Allume Systems, Inc., a Smith Micro company, develops and publishes award-winning software solutions for Windows and Macintosh. Leading brands are StuffIt(r), Internet Cleanup(tm) and Spring Cleaning(r). Allume's software offers a range of solutions, empowering users in the areas of information access, removal, recovery, security, and Internet distribution. Smith Micro's and Allume's complete line of products are available primarily online at the company's websites, through our enterprise direct sales efforts, retailers, and through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Smith Micro's common stock trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the symbol SMSI. For more information, contact Smith Micro at (949) 362-5800
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation risks and uncertainties relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's plans for returning to sustained profitability and the company's ability to increase its business in segments of the company. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from distribution customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statement and are discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc., The Allume Logo, Allume and Spring Cleaning are trademarks or registered trademarks of Allume Systems, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.