ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMSI) today announced that its Internet CommSuiteTM software is currently the #1 selling software in two "Top 10" category lists by Internet software superstore Beyond.comTM (Nasdaq: BYND).Internet CommSuite is the best seller in the categories of "Internet" software as well as "Communications" software. Internet CommSuite offers a variety of applications including voice, video, fax and multimedia e-mail features, integrated into a single software package.
As one of the top ten most visited shopping sites on the Internet in March 1999, according to Media Metrix, Inc., Beyond.com sales climbed to $19.1 million in the first quarter of 1999. Beyond.com offers more than 48,000 software and other digital products, with more than 6,600 available for immediate, electronic delivery. Smith Micro's Internet CommSuite software is available through Beyond.com's online store (http://www.beyond.com) and is currently priced at $59.95.
"We are pleased to see that Internet CommSuite is a top seller in two categories on the Beyond.com Web site," said William W. Smith Jr., president and chief executive officer of Smith Micro. "Innovative companies like Beyond.com provide us the opportunity to make our products available through the fastest growing, most convenient means of reaching customers - online shopping."
Offering Internet and communications software products like Internet CommSuite underscores Beyond.com's commitment to providing the broadest selection of software for our customers," said Brian Sroub, vice-president of marketing at Beyond.com.
Internet CommSuite is an Internet communications software product that offers users a variety of applications integrated into a single solution. Its features include:
- Internet Phone and Videophone - Users can talk worldwide over the Internet without any long distance phone company charges, and can add the ability of full-motion video with a video camera.
- Multimedia E-Mail - Users can record and send voice messages with e-mails. With a video camera, users can also send full-motion video to accompany voice messages. No special software is required as a player is embedded in the message. Scanned or digital camera photos can also be added.
- Internet Fax - Windows documents can be faxed to any fax machine in the world, eliminating long distance phone company charges. Users also receive notification of successful fax transmissions.
- Internet Answering Machine - Users can leave a recorded audio or video message on a PC system if they attempt a call and the recipient is unavailable.
- Internet Video Sentry - With a video camera set up, users can record and forward a thirty-second e-mail clip when motion is detected in front of the camera.
- Enhanced Internet Chat - Internet chat can be enhanced with voice or video. Users can also create a private "contact list" or establish a private chat room.
Smith Micro Software
Smith Micro Software, Inc. is a worldwide manufacturer of state-of-the-art, person-to-person communication solutions designed for the Internet and traditional applications.
HotFax MessageCenter and Smith Micro's complete line of products are available through direct sales, retail stores, value-added resellers (VARs) and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Corporate headquarters is Smith Micro Software, Inc., 51 Columbia, Aliso Viejo, Calif., 92656. Telephone: (949) 362-5800. Fax: (949) 362-2300. For more information about Smith Micro and its complete line of products, visit the company's Web site at www.smithmicro.com. To become a VAR partner, visit the VARPlus "Partner in Profit" Program Web site at www.smithmicro.com/varplus. Smith Micro's common stock trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the symbol SMSI.
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors effecting the company's operations, markets, products, services and prices, as well as, other factors detailed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo, conexs.com, FAXstf and STF Technologies are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.