ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Consumer Group today announced it has signed an exclusive publishing agreement to distribute RapidWeaver, an easy-to-use, powerful website builder that allows anyone to create and publish professional-looking websites in minutes.
RapidWeaver, made exclusively for the Mac OS X, includes an intuitive interface that empowers even the novice user to create and publish modern, media-rich websites complete with blogs, movie pages, podcasts, photo albums, slideshows and more. Accomplished web designers will find RapidWeaver's advanced features such as live PHP rendering, Smart Publishing, XHTML, CSS-based site output and built-in error checking useful in creating dynamic, engaging websites.
RapidWeaver includes over 35 professionally designed templates and a wide variety of page types without the user having to write HTML or CSS code. Advanced web designers can modify themes, create, or build pages and sites from scratch through direct access to code. Whether the user is looking to create a stunning flash-based gallery or slideshow, write a blog, or publish podcasts, RapidWeaver immediately enables users to create attractive websites viewable through any browser.
RapidWeaver consistently earns the highest ratings from respected reviewers. The software's powerful blogging features for support inline comments, RSS feeds, custom permalink tags, and search engine code optimization makes RapidWeaver a top choice for web professionals
"With RapidWeaver, first-time users instantly start publishing dynamic, compelling sites without learning scripting languages such as, HTML, XML or CSS. The software is unique because of its ability to empower not only the beginner, but also the savvy professional looking for a powerful tool for building custom, creative sites quickly," said David Polzine, Director, Smith Micro's Utility & Productivity Solutions Group. "With this partnership, all the great product features of RapidWeaver are now available as standalone software from Smith Micro's online stores and leading retailers."
"We are thrilled to work with Smith Micro in bringing our software products into the North American retail market. Their strong distribution channel relationships combined with our innovative product make for a winning combination," said Daniel Counsell, Director and Founder of Realmac Software Limited.
- Access to Professional Features -Provides modifiable themes, live PHP rendering, Smart Publishing, XHTML, CSS-based site output, built-in error checking and more.
- Customizable Code - Seamlessly switches from styled text and images to raw HTML code, allowing users to insert custom code such as Google ads or hit counters.
- Pick a Color, Any Color -Allows users to customize themes with color and layout selection.
- Publish Anywhere - Gives users the ability to publish a site to the Internet, .Mac, FTP, SFTP and even locally to the desktop and saves time by keeping track of changes, modifications, and uploads.
- Plug-in Architecture with a Strong User/Developer Community - With RapidWeaver, a large group of professional users and developers now have a wide and growing array of themes, plugins and snippets available for shopping carts, coverflow support, public contact forms, and a huge selection of themes.*
Pricing and Availability:
RapidWeaver is available for $49.99 at the Smith Micro web store at http://www.smithmicro.com/rapidweaver, and at popular resellers, catalogs and distribution partners in North America. To learn more about RapidWeaver and our complete line of software, please visit: www.smithmicro.com.
*Third-party add-ons available separately at an additional cost.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.