Enhanced Version Sports New Anti-Spyware, New User Interface, New Forms Cleaner, More Cleaning Options, and support for Apple Mail.
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Allume Systems, Inc., a division of Smith Micro Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI), today announced the release of the French, German and Japanese versions of Internet Cleanup(tm) 3.0 for Macintosh. Now users in these countries can benefit from our popular privacy tool that protects them from unscrupulous monitoring of their private information. Internet Cleanup allows users to schedule the cleaning of forms' auto-fill data, e-mail attachments, instant messaging log files, web files, and more. Internet Cleanup 3.0 also monitors transmissions of data over the Internet, protection from Spyware, provides secure file deletion, and browser cookie management.
Internet Cleanup 3.0 contains a powerful array of features for Mac users:
* NEW! SCHEDULE TASKS - The new Scheduler tool lets users create scheduled tasks to automatically perform searches and clean their system.
* NEW! USER INTERFACE - Internet Cleanup 3.0's redesigned user interface makes the software more intuitive and easier to use than ever before! The new Preview Pane displays a thumbnail of your PDF and graphic files for easy recognition.
* NEW! APPLE MAIL SUPPORT - MailCleaner(tm) adds supports for Apple Mail and now sports incredibly fast Entourage email attachment searching. Clean out attachments in Eudora, Entourage, Outlook, and now Apple Mail without deleting the original e-mail's text.
* NEW! FULL TIGER COMPATIBILITY - NetBlockade(tm) and Network SpyAlert(tm) have been updated for Mac OS 10.4 Tiger and now fully support fast-user switching.
* NEW! INTERNET FILE FINDER TOOL NOW ADDS:
- Support for 5 new web browsers, including Firefox, Camino, Mozilla, Shiira and OmniWeb as well as strengthened support for Safari, Internet Explorer, AOL Netscape, iCab, Opera, and Sherlock.
- New Forms Auto-Fill Data Cleaner search to help find and remove any auto-fill data collected by web browsers.
- Direct control over which browsers' files are searched for and where.
- Improved Cookie Editor simplifies automatically getting rid of the browser cookies you don't want and keeping the ones you do.
* NEW! RUN MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS AT THE SAME - Internet Cleanup 3.0's multi-threaded implementation allows users to conduct multiple tasks without having to wait for searches or other time-consuming operations to complete. Users can see the progress of all searches and tasks in the activity viewer window.
* NEW! MORE CLEANING OPTIONS - Internet Cleanup 3.0 adds two new cleaning actions: Move To Trash and Move To Folder.
* NEW! IT'S NOT ALL OR NOTHING ANYMORE - Internet Cleanup 3.0 now allows cleaning actions to be applied to individual files returned by searches.
* UPDATED! SAFEGUARD IM PRIVACY - Instant Messenger Log Cleaner(tm) finds and deletes instant messaging chat logs for major IM applications to keep conversations private.
* UPDATED! DETECT THE LATEST SPYWARE - SpyAlert scans the computer for evidence of surveillance Spyware and safely removes it.
* PROTECT AGAINST SECRET MONITORING - Network SpyAlert immediately stops programs from sending data to the Internet without the user's permission.
* BLOCK WEB-BASED SPIES- NetBlockade blocks unwanted cookies, ads, pop-ups as well as URL referrers that tell websites about the previous web page a user visited.
* ELIMINATE DISTRACTING POP-UPS AND BANNERS - NetBlockade accelerates web surfing by blocking annoying banner ads and pop-up and pop-under windows.
* SHRED CONFIDENTIAL FILES SECURELY - SecureDelete(tm) acts like a digital document shredder, completely removing private files so they cannot be recovered from a hard disk, even with special disk recovery tools.
* KEEP YOUR SURFING HABITS PRIVATE - Internet Cleanup 3.0 clears away hidden files that show outsiders which Web pages, sites, and images were viewed. It can automatically delete unwanted cookies and protect the cookies you do want.
Pricing and Availability
The MSRP for Internet Cleanup 3.0 is $29.99 and is available directly from Allume and popular retailers and catalogs. The French, German and Japanese version are available from our in country distribution partners for information visit http://www.allume.com/store/intlpartners.html.
Internet Cleanup Mac users can upgrade for $14.99 - Visit http://www.allume.com/store/upgrades.html for details.
Download a Free English trial version at http://www.allume.com/mac/cleanup.
Internet Cleanup 3.0 works on Mac OS 10.3.and requires 8 MB RAM.
About Smith Micro Software:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, is a developer and marketer of wireless communication, broadband and utility software products for multiple OS platforms. The company designs integrated cross platform, easy-to-use software for personal computing and business solutions around the world. With a focus on Wireless and Broadband technologies and the Internet, the company's products and services enable wireless communications, file compression, eCommerce, eBusiness, Internet communications (voice-over-IP), video conferencing, network fax, and traditional computer telephony. Allume Systems, Inc., a Smith Micro company, develops and publishes award-winning software solutions for Windows and Macintosh. Leading brands are StuffIt(r), Internet Cleanup(tm) and Spring Cleaning(r). Allume's software offers a range of solutions, empowering users in the areas of information access, removal, recovery, security, and Internet distribution. Smith Micro's and Allume's complete line of products are available primarily online at the company's websites, through our enterprise direct sales efforts, retailers, and through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs),. Smith Micro's common stock trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the symbol SMSI. For more information, contact Smith Micro at (949) 362-5800
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation risks and uncertainties relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's plans for returning to sustained profitability and the company's ability to increase its business in segments of the company. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from distribution customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statement and are discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc., The Allume Logo and Allume are trademarks or registered trademarks of Allume Systems, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.