Smith Micro provides software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience. As the leader in wireless connectivity, our applications help improve network Quality of Experience for mobile users while optimizing resources for service providers and enterprises. Using our intelligent policy-on-device platform, along with premium voice, video and content monetization services, we create new opportunities to engage consumers and capitalize on the growth of connected devices. In addition to wireless and mobility software, Smith Micro develops innovative Productivity and Graphics products for professional artists and general consumers. The company is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, with additional development centers in Santa Cruz, CA, Pittsburgh, PA and Belgrade, Serbia.
Wireless Industry Challenges We Address
The wireless industry continues to undergo rapid change on all fronts, from the growing expanse of heterogeneous networks, to the vast array of connected devices, to the escalating demand for mobile applications and digital content – especially video – by users who want information and entertainment anytime, anywhere. While most of us think about being “connected” in terms of computers, tablets and smartphones, the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market is shaping a world where almost anything can be connected to the Internet wirelessly.
Opportunities associated with such pervasive connectivity are numerous, but so are the challenges:
- Complexity, congestion and spectrum scarcity plague wireless networks, making mobile data access inconsistent, unreliable and expensive for consumers and businesses.
- Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) are being marginalized by over-the-top (OTT) applications, social networks and Wi-Fi providers as they struggle to differentiate while facing tremendous price pressure.
- Cable companies and Multiple Service Operators (MSOs), also pressured by OTT content suppliers like Netflix and Hulu, need to extend their reach beyond the home/office and into the mobile landscape to grow and retain customer relationships.
- Enterprises face increasing pressure to mobilize workforces, operations and customer engagement, but lack the expertise and technologies needed to leverage mobile services securely and cost-effectively.
- Consumers – frustrated by complicated, slow and restrictive access to wireless data services – seek simpler, more personalized mobile experiences.
Solutions for Mobile & Wireless
Over the past three decades, Smith Micro has developed deep expertise in embedded software for networked devices, policy-based management platforms, and highly scalable mobile applications and hosted services. To help our customers – and their customers – thrive in a connected world, Smith Micro offers three product families designed to connect, control and capitalize on the mobile experience:
QuickLink® – applications for connecting consumer and M2M devices to 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks, easily and reliably, while managing data usage
NetWise® – policy-on-device platform for controlling device behavior, optimizing data traffic, engaging mobile users, and improving Quality of Experience over wireless networks
CommSuite® – premium voice, messaging and video services that allow operators and enterprises to flexibly deliver and monetize applications and content
Our ability to develop customizable solutions that utilize and extend wireless industry standards, while meeting stringent reliability and security requirements for Tier 1 operators, makes us the preferred choice for companies that want to capitalize on the tremendous growth of mobile-connected consumers and workforces.