We are looking for a Android Software Engineer to join our team at the Braga office!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Smith Micro Software, a NASDAQ company that creates software products and services to simplify, secure, and enhance the mobile experience. We have offices in Aliso Viejo, Pittsburgh, Stockholm, Belgrade and Braga.
The Braga engineering team is primarily engaged in the development of family location and protection services technology that is currently live in multiple carriers around the globe with focus on safety and protection of children, the elderly, and other family members requiring extra care.
Working with agile methodologies and with a team of software engineers developing products and projects on different technologies that are shipped worldwide (iOS, Android, web single page apps, cloud based backend solutions), your primary focus will be the development of web/mobile/backend based applications, with opportunities currently available in our main product line, SafePath.
We work in a great environment, and we offer great benefits and perks. Come and meet us at the Braga office!
If you’re up for the challenge, send your CV to email@example.com.
- Design, develop and test Android based applications.
- Collaborate with agile cross-functional teams to define, estimate, design, and ship new features.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and other teams to clarify technical requirements.
- Analyze functional requirements and propose suitable technical solutions.
- Participate in code and design reviews of the engineering team.
- Develop unit tests, update and run test plans and work on bug fixing.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Help ensure performance, scalability, quality and responsiveness of our products.
- Proactively search, evaluate and propose the adoption of new frameworks, technologies and processes.
- Contribute to continuous integration, test automation and deploy processes and activities.
- 1+ years of experience.
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject.
- Understanding of the Android SDK, Android development life cycle and associated patterns.
- Experience with most commonly used Android frameworks and APIs.
- Experience supporting multiple versions of Android SDKs, screen resolution and device types
- Experience with asynchronous communications.
- Experience using crash analysis and profiling tools.
- Experience with Gradle dependency management technology.
- Experience integrating with RESTful based back-end services APIs.
- Experience with creating unit tests as well as developer unit testing.
- Experience with enterprise level branching/merging strategies.
- Experience publishing apps through Google Play.
- Experience on iOS, hybrid mobile development technology and/or other technologies is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.