We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team at the Braga office!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Smith Micro Software, a NASDAQ company that creates software products and services to simplify, secure, and enhance the mobile experience. We have offices in Aliso Viejo, Pittsburgh, Stockholm, Belgrade and Braga.
The Braga engineering team is primarily engaged in the development of family location and protection services technology that is currently live in multiple carriers around the globe with focus on safety and protection of children, the elderly, and other family members requiring extra care.
Working with a team of software engineers developing products and projects on different technologies that are shipped worldwide (iOS, Android, web single page apps, cloud based backend solutions), your primary focus will be the development of backend applications, with opportunities currently available in our main product line, SafePath.
We work in a relaxed and fun environment, and we offer great benefits and perks. Come and meet us at the Braga office!
If you’re up for the challenge, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Design, develop and test backend based applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features and products.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and other teams to clarify technical requirements.
- Analyze functional requirements and propose suitable technical solutions and technologies.
- Mentor less experienced software developers in technology, architecture and patterns.
- Provide cross project and cross platform technical leadership.
- Participate in code and design reviews of the engineering team.
- Develop unit tests, update and run test plans and work on bug fixing.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Help ensure performance, scalability, quality and responsiveness of our products.
- Proactively search, evaluate and propose the adoption of new frameworks, technologies and processes.
- Contribute to continuous integration, test automation and deploy processes and activities.
- 5+ years of experience with backend development technologies.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree.
- Solid understanding of backend development life cycle and associated patterns.
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- Experience developing Java EE based solutions.
- Experience with RESTful/SOAP web services development.
- Experience with DBMS systems (MySQL is preferred).
- Experience using Java frameworks and APIs.
- Experience with server profiling, performance and scalability.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems.
- Experience with Linux OS based distributions.
- Experience in deploying and managing large scale cloud based environments (AWS is preferred)
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.
- Experience with Docker or other container based technology.