Smith Micro Software’s Technical Operations team is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator with 3+ years of hands-on experience managing hosted applications as well as installing, configuring, maintaining, securing, debugging and monitoring RHEL/CentOS Linux servers; application server management experience with industry standard tools such as Wildfly (formerly JBoss), Apache/Tomcat.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configuring, maintaining, securing RHEL/CentOS linux servers hosted in physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Leverage shell scripting and open source tools to automate redundant/simple tasks.
- Develop tools to maintain and monitor the server, network and storage infrastructure; proactively track performance and utilization of system resources
- Deploy and support J2EE (JBoss/Wildfly) applications in a high availability environment
- Assist in maintaining documentation for systems and procedures using Confluence
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware incidents pertaining to networking connectivity issues, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Provide 24x7x365 on-call coverage in a rotating schedule
- Collaborate with members of the team on projects and software deployments.
- Other duties as required / requested by management
- Red Hat/CentOS Linux Servers, TCP/IP Networking, SSH, shell scripting, load balancers. Familiar with network distributed computing environments and experience with running large (300 plus servers) datacenter and high transactional production environments.
- Configuration and use of SSH, SCP, NTP, Mail (sendmail/postfix)
- Motivated, responsible, focused, analytical, self-starter, team player, able to communicate clearly and effectively with others on-site and at other remote locations.
- Strong understanding and implementation of software and process protection methods to guard against security breaches and intrusion.
- Ability to automate and schedule jobs using cron or other methods to produce repeatable results on a periodic basis
- Prior experience and knowledge of source control management systems (Git).
- Prior experience with various DevOps open source tools such as: Docker, Ansible, Git, Nagios, Netdata, and Jenkins.
- Ability to create and support AWS environments (VPC, EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, etc).
- Monitoring using SNMP, MRTG, Nagios, EMC ESRS, CloudWatch
- Understanding of commercial high-availability data center access policies
- Experience in designing, deploying or supporting environments for JBoss/Wildfly or J2EE application server systems with Apache/Tomcat/JBoss/Wildfly front end web servers and Oracle/MySQL backend databases; administration of Oracle or MySQL database, UNIX/Linux integration, experience with large RAID, SAN or NAS deployments a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept at presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Provide assistance in administration of databases including Oracle, MySQL, Postgres and MongoDB.
|Job Category||Tech Ops|