The Human Resources Generalist will serve at the professional level and carry out responsibilities for the HR Department. This role will contribute to the overall success of the HR team and its employees by providing a high level of service.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for the human resources function in the areas of employee relations, payroll backup, compensation/benefits, wellness, employment, and recruitment.
- Assist with the recruiting process by opening job requisitions and managing the approval workflow in the company’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Support the recruiters and hiring managers with all aspects of candidate sourcing from interview scheduling to employee orientation.
- Provide frontline customer service for the organization.
- Maintain employee files and records and perform data entry for new hires, terminations, and status changes.
- Provides information to employees on matters pertaining to human resources and company forms and records.
- Prepare special reports and administrative duties including filing, scanning documents, answering phone and emails.
- Provide administrative support while adhering to established processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain reports; compile information and data to present findings to members of leadership.
- Assist other departments with general requests, as primary workload will permit.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of applicable experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent decision-making and customer service skills.
- Identify and present opportunities for process improvement.
- Ability to make effective decisions and manage several processes while being detailed orientated.
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and demonstrate good judgment is necessary.
- Hands-on, energetic, organized, team player with proven ability to adapt quickly in a changing environment and facilitate change, multitask effectively and work independently.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to speak and express ideas and have difficult conversation in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and information, read, write and organize information in an orderly manner.
- Previous Human Resources experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with an HRIS system preferred. Paycom experience a plus.
- PHR Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred