For graphic novelists, comic creators, or anyone wishing to create animated presentations and photo shows
Offers truly simple animation, panel creation tools and HTML5 export
Download free Beta version at motionartist.smithmicro.com
SAN DIEGO, CA - July 11, 2012 - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group today announced the beta release of MotionArtist®, a new version that bridges the gap between comic creators and their readers. With the MotionArtist version users can add motion to their comics, create interactive HTML5 presentations as well as uniquely styled photo-shows. International Comic-Con 2012 attendees will be the first to see MotionArtist's new approach to layout, animation and adding interactivity at Smith Micro's booth #5353.
"MotionArtist is a composition and presentation application unlike anything that exists in the world of digital comic creation," said Steve Yatson, Senior Director of Product Marketing at Smith Micro Software, Inc. "It's a simple solution to a very complicated set of problems that introduces a new approach to animation. We provide the platform - from there, professional artists or everyday users can really let their creativity run wild."
The MotionArtist version combines cutting-edge tools with a truly simple user experience, creating a highly versatile solution that appeals to a wide range of users, from hardcore comic creators to anyone who loves to share their favorite photos, including:
- Graphic novelists - Create amazing interactive animated comics and presentations with state-of-the-art technology, such as GPU acceleration for a lightning fast work environment and 3D layering for that cool parallax effect
- Traditional comic creators - Artists of any skill-level can quickly convert their work into digital comics with panel creation, layout tools and the ability to add motion
- Web developers - Export projects to HTML5 and deploy on your favorite website or save as standard movie formats and share your comics and presentations directly to Facebook or YouTube
- Photographers - Create fun, animated "photo shows" by dropping in a folder of images; MotionArtist will automatically place the images on the stage and animate the camera
"MotionArtist is an awesome animation and interactivity product that was clearly conceived with comic creators in mind," said Brian Haberlin, co-artist and co-writer of the multi-media sci-fi adventure saga Anomaly. "With MotionArtist you can create panel-based comics, add animation and export in common file formats without being locked into a specific format or being required to use a particular service. You can even export as a common video format or, more importantly, HTML5."
Key MotionArtist version Features:
- HTML5 export - Save out as HTML5 with interactive navigation or export as standard video files and share on YouTube and Facebook.
- Comic style panel creation - Create panels of just about any shape. Go back and resize, duplicate, rotate, align and cut at any time.
- Word balloons & dynamic text - Vector based balloons, thought bubbles, dialogue boxes and text can easily be added and edited at any time
- Arrange in 3D - add layered 3D depth to your panels and presentations for that cool parallax effect
- Motion - A new approach to animation for non-animators. We've hidden the technical stuff and brought the animation process forward in an intuitive visual manner
- Photo shows - Simple creation of photo presentations through automated object placement and camera movement
- Working modes and views - Creation and animation workflow is laid out with comic creators in mind
Pricing and Availability:
Download MotionArtist for free during its beta availability direct from the Smith Micro online store at: motionartist.smithmicro.com.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc. - Productivity and Graphics Group:
Based in Santa Cruz, Calif., the Smith Micro Software Productivity and Graphics Group produces award-winning software that inspires consumer creativity and enables efficiency. The group's creative suite of programs provides artists of all skill levels - from novice to professional - with the tools to illustrate, animate and create 2D and 3D art. Some of the Productivity and Graphics Group's award-winning creative and utilities products include Poser, Anime Studio, Manga Studio and StuffIt. For more information, please visit: www.smithmicro.com.
Safe Harbor Statement:
This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation, forward-looking statements relating to the company's financial prospects and other projections of its performance, the existence of new market opportunities and interest in the company's products and solutions, and the company's ability to increase its revenue and regain profitability by capitalizing on these new market opportunities and interest and introducing new products and solutions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements are changes in demand for the company's products from its customers and their end-users, new and changing technologies, customer acceptance and timing of deployment of those technologies, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements contained in this release are made on the basis of the views and assumptions of management regarding future events and business performance as of the date of this release, and the company does not undertake any obligation to update these statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this release.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo and MotionArtist are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.