Simplified User Experience Provides Instant Access to Best Ever Compression Solution Featuring New StuffIt Destinations Toolbar
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group today announced the availability of StuffIt Deluxe® 2011 for the Mac, which introduces StuffIt Destinations™, a new drag-and-drop toolbar application designed to help users securely transfer files quickly and easily.
StuffIt Destinations helps users transfer videos, presentations and other large files from one location to another using a file compression workflow that is simple and intuitive. Whether the user is looking to backup files to a DVD or deliver a project to a customer's FTP server, tasks can be accomplished with a single click on the toolbar button. StuffIt Destinations provides support for email, FTP and iDisk file transfers, and also allows files to be burned to CD/DVD or moved to a local or network folder. Users can zip files prior to transfer and have Destinations send an email notification once the task is complete.
"We redesigned StuffIt Deluxe to reflect how people want to share files such as video, high resolution photos and presentations," said Matthew Covington, Senior Director, Product Management of Smith Micro Software. "We stripped out the complexity to allow anyone to drag and drop files onto a StuffIt Destinations tile and be assured that their files arrived safely and can be viewed by the intended recipient. With a radical new approach to our 20 plus years of market leadership in file management, StuffIt Deluxe 2011 reinvents compression forever."
With StuffIt Deluxe 2011, Smith Micro continues its long record of innovation in the file compression space. The StuffIt® X file format provides users with access to the latest compression technology, including the ability to compress JPEG images and MP3 audio files without any loss of sound or image quality. Key improvements to the core StuffIt compression method create smaller archives in less time than any previous version. StuffIt Deluxe 2011 includes a fully 64-bit optimized version of the StuffIt engine, providing a performance benefit to users working with more than 8GB of installed RAM.
For customers with multiple Macs and PCs, or virtualized computers, StuffIt Deluxe 2011 for Mac includes an installer for StuffIt Deluxe for Windows and a unique, 3-seat "One Source" license model that allows the user to mix and match up to three installations of the Mac and Windows version.
For users looking to securely transfer large files, StuffIt Destinations acts as a desktop client for SendStuffNow™, Smith Micro's secure, cloud-based file transfer service. SendStuffNow is a subscription-based service that allows users to send files up to 2GB without the hassle of email bounces or FTP. Recipients receive a URL to download the shared file via email, and no account or additional software is required. StuffIt Destinations integrates with the Mac address book, allowing users to easily add recipients to a file upload request, and also provides client side compression to reduce upload times and make the most efficient use of the SendStuffNow cloud storage allocation. StuffIt Deluxe customers receive a premium SendStuffNow account,* and can access the service from a free mobile app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices.
StuffIt Deluxe 2011 Features and Benefits:
- NEW - StuffIt Destinations - A brand new file management tool that streamlines workflow, providing users with seamless drag-and-drop action
- StuffIt SmartSend™ - Takes the guesswork out of sending large files via email; users simply select the files and choose "Stuff and Mail" from the Magic Menu™ in the Finder's menu bar. Small files are compressed and attached to a new email message, while larger items are automatically uploaded to a secure website via SendStuffNow
- NEW - 64-bit Optimized - StuffIt Deluxe 2011 has been fully optimized for systems running in 64-bit mode
- NEW - Improved Compression - StuffIt X file format has been updated to provide improved compression of a wide range of file types
- NEW - 3 User Pack - StuffIt Deluxe now includes three user licenses so users can install a copy of StuffIt Deluxe on up to three Mac or Windows computers
- NEW - Cross Platform Licensing - StuffIt's unique "One Source" license model is now available directly to users. Customers purchasing StuffIt Deluxe for Mac receive a free license for StuffIt Deluxe for Windows
- SendStuffNow - SendStuffNow is a subscription-based file transfer service that offers a fast and easy way to share and store up to 2GB of files
- Plug-In Support for Photo Applications - Access all the power of StuffIt directly from popular photo editing applications iPhoto and Aperture with StuffIt plug-ins
- Create Disk Image (DMG) - Offers the convenience of creating disk image files (DMG) directly from Magic Menu by simply selecting files to add to a disk image and choosing "Create Disk Image" from the Magic Menu
- Image Compression - StuffIt Deluxe 2011 offers pixel-perfect compression of PNG, TIFF and other 24 bit image formats
- Audio Compression - StuffIt Deluxe 2011 offers optimized compression of WAV and MP3 audio files
Pricing and Availability
The MSRP for StuffIt Deluxe 2011 is $49.99. The StuffIt Deluxe 2011 package includes a Mac and Windows version, as well as 3 licenses for users' home and professional use.
Purchase includes SendStuffNow Premium level subscription.* SendStuffNow users can access the service via free mobile clients for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. StuffIt Deluxe 2011 customers receive the Premium SendStuffNow service with elevated storage and bandwidth levels. Registered users of any previous version of StuffIt Deluxe or StuffIt can upgrade to StuffIt Deluxe 2011 for just $29.99 at: http://www.smithmicro.com/stuffit/upgrade.
StuffIt Deluxe 2011 is available direct from the Smith Micro web store at http://www.smithmicro.com/stuffit and from popular resellers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
*The 3-month premium-level subscription is valued at $30.00.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops mobility solutions that enable seamless broadband connectivity and next generation media and mobile convergence products over wireless networks.
The company's Productivity and Graphics Group provides software solutions for people who want their computing experience to be more secure, organized and creative. Smith Micro Software's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. For more information, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo, StuffIt and StuffIt Deluxe are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.