Improves Performance, Provides Backup, Encryption and Data Recovery, Plus Compression for Archiving Essential Photos, MP3s and Office Docs
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group, today announced the availability of CheckIt® Netbook Utility Suite. CheckIt Netbook Utility Suite addresses the most common issues facing Netbook users, such as optimizing the registry for greater performance, backing up the hard drive to protect important files, recovering lost files, and sending and receiving large files by email.
The suite consists of the industry-leading products CheckIt® Registry Cleaner, StuffIt® 2009, EMC Retrospect® Express HD and MediaRECOVER® to provide Netbook users with a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use and affordable solution for getting the most from their Netbooks.
The CheckIt Netbook Utility Suite is specifically designed to run on the limited computing resources of Netbooks. For instance, StuffIt compresses and archives a user's resource-intensive data such as photos and music to optimize hard-drive space.
"Netbooks are in high demand even in this down economy due to their relative affordability and appealing form factor for toting around," said Pauline Shumake, Senior Product Manager at Smith Micro. "However, students and traveling professionals will find similar problems that a laptop user experiences - how to keep their Netbooks performing as more and more files are added, compounded by daily visits to favorite websites. CheckIt has an essential compilation of utilities addressing the unique issues facing Netbook owners, including the need to save space, improve performance and backup files easily and more efficiently."
CheckIt Netbook Utility Suite Features and Benefits:
- CheckIt Registry Cleaner - Optimizes Netbook performance by repairing corrupt registry settings left behind by deleted drivers and programs that cause error messages, program crashes, very slow startup times and system crashes
- StuffIt 2009 - Compresses photos, MP3s and email attachments with no quality loss, saving more files onto media such as CDs, DVDs and memory sticks, and avoiding email size restrictions through ISPs. Simply drop the files onto the StuffIt icon on the desktop to quickly compress files. StuffIt also protects archives with advanced encryption and expands zip and StuffIt archives, while supporting over 25 other compression formats
- MediaRECOVER - Finds and recovers even deleted items such as photos, songs, videos and other files in three easy steps
- EMC Retrospect Express HD - Backs up critical files and restores lost data allowing users to easily schedule automatic backups
- Easy Installation - Software installs from an included flash drive
Pricing, Availability and Requirements:
The MSRP for CheckIt Netbook Utility Suite is $39.99, which is available direct from the Smith Micro web store at www.smithmicro.com/checkit/netbook/utilitysuite and at popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide. CheckIt Netbook Utility Suite supports the popular Netbook operating systems Windows® Vista™ and Windows®XP.
Registered users of any version of CheckIt Netbook Utility Suite can upgrade to StuffIt Deluxe 2009 for just $19.99. To upgrade, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com/stuffit/win/upgrade
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops mobility solutions that enable seamless broadband connectivity and next generation media and mobile convergence products over wireless networks.
The Company's Productivity and Graphics Group provides software solutions for people who want their computing experience to be more secure, organized and creative. Smith Micro's complete lines of products are available through its sales groups, direct from its websites, retail distributors and value-added resellers. Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. For more information, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.