CTIA WIRELESS 2008 - LAS VEGAS, NV - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMSI), a leading developer and marketer of software solutions and services for the wireless market, today released QuickLink® Music 2.0, the newest version of its intuitive, PC-based multimedia manager for mobile phones. Version 2.0 now offers users the ability to transfer playlists from the PC to the phone, play MP4 files, includes metadata fingerprinting, and allows users to backup and restore files on the phone and download files directly from the eMusic online music service.
In a quickly emerging trend, the mobile phone is set to become the music retail channel of the future. Today's mobile phones are becoming smarter; adding greater storage capacity, they become an easy choice to be utilized for entertainment since people carry the device everywhere, in all circumstances.
QuickLink Music is designed around the needs of both wireless carriers and their customers. The application provides end-users with the ability to easily download music files from a carrier's music store(s), to organize their music library, and to upload songs to a broad range of mobile devices. QuickLink Music also offers the carrier the opportunity to custom-brand the entire multimedia experience for their subscribers.
"The youth market, with its immense spending power and influence, is leading the revolution in mobile music. Through QuickLink Music's rich, easy-to-use and graphically appealing interface, consumers have the ability to easily sync music to and from their mobile phone and enjoy a more fun and personalized experience," said Harry Fox, Vice President & General Manager, Multimedia Division. "QuickLink Music represents our commitment to deliver a simple and straightforward mobile music management solution that matches today's lifestyles."
QuickLink Music 2.0 Enhancements:
- Ability to transfer playlists from the PC to the phone
- Allows users to play MP4 files
- Uses metadata fingerprinting to automatically populate a song's file information
- Includes direct download support for eMusic online store
- Features Mini Player mode
- Ability to backup and restore music files on the phone
End-user benefits to QuickLink Music include:
- Quickly set up the music manager application to transfer music files to the mobile phone
- Download music files to the PC from the carrier's online music services
- Organize the music library directly from the PC - allowing the user to create playlists and view and organize songs by genre/artist/etc
- Automatically sync songs to the mobile phone
- Monitor the phone's internal and removable memory, providing the user complete control over storage space on the mobile phone
Key benefits for wireless carriers include the ability to:
- Customize and brand the entire multimedia management experience from start to finish
- Drive customers directly to preferred online music stores
- Increase subscriber data usage and ARPU
- Offer music accessory kits compatible with their broad range of multimedia handsets through their retail stores
- Support industry-standard digital rights management, Microsoft, OMA and OMA 2.0
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops and markets wireless multimedia and communication solutions, mobile device management products, image and data compression solutions and many award-winning software products. Smith Micro's complete lines of products are available through Smith Micro's OEM Sales groups, Enterprise Sales groups and direct from its websites, retail and value-added reseller (VARs) partners. Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. For more information, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com.
Safe Harbor Statement for Smith Micro Software, Inc.
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation forward-looking statements relating to the company's net revenues guidance for fiscal 2008, its financial prospects and other projections of its performance, the company's ability to increase its business and the anticipated timing and financial performance of its new products and potential acquisitions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements are changes in demand for its products from its customers and their end-users, new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements contained in this release are made on the basis of the views and assumptions of management regarding future events and business performance as of the date of this release, and the company does not undertake any obligation to update these statements.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.