Company Continues to Expand into Photo and Digital Imaging Markets by Offering New Photo Morphing and Manipulation Software for the Mac
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. Consumer Group (NASDAQ: SMSI) today announced it has released a Macintosh version of Morpheus Photo Animation Suite from Morpheus Software, LLC., a leading publisher of fun digital photo animation software products. Morpheus Photo Animation Suite™ combines three easy-to-use, creative photo animation products titled: Morpheus Photo Morpher, Morpheus Photo Warper, and Morpheus Photo Mixer. These products enable users to morph, distort, exaggerate, or blend together photos. Users can email their animated photo creations to friends and family, post as videos on sites like YouTube, or spice up their MySpace profile, blog, or website.
Morpheus Photo Animation Suite for the Mac offers fun and exciting functions including:
- Photo Morphing - the ability to morph and transform one image into another
- Photo Warping - the ability to warp and exaggerate portions of photos such as a body parts and
- Photo Mixing - a feature that mixes faces and body parts between two pictures.
Morpheus Photo Animation Suite supports popular file formats for saving photo creations, including QuickTime®, Flash® SWF and Animated GIF, and also features a built-in email tool for seamlessly sharing animations with friends and family.
"The Morpheus Mac launch follows last year's release of our redesigned Windows versions which was a tremendous success," said Dan Engel, CEO of Morpheus Software. "Combining our new software titles with Smith Micro's strong channel relationships allows us to bring our incredibly fun and popular titles to the Mac user for the very first time."
"We are very excited to once again team up with Morpheus Software. Our aim is to have a strong market presence in the photo and digital imaging markets, and we are pleased to offer a version for our Macintosh users," said Jonathan Kahn, Senior Vice President, Compression and Consumer Group at Smith Micro. "This partnership compliments our growing photo imaging and compression product portfolio which includes StuffIt Image, StuffIt Deluxe, Active Images and our personal photo software product line."
- Easy to use wizard to help users get started, plus all program's samples to play with
- The ability to morph an infinite number of pictures from one to another
- An easy technique for sharing animations with friends and family with a built-in email feature
- A completely redesigned program with an incredible new interface for working on multiple pictures
- A lightning-fast rendering engine for previewing morphs by playing them within the program itself
- The ability to render morphs in a variety of popular formats including QuickTime, Flash, SWF, and Animated GIF
- The ability to export morph frames in still formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF and more
- The ability to easily generate sample web page html for each rendered file
- The ability to save your layouts as you work, in a portable XML format
- The ability to zoom to any level for precise control when working with large images
- A timeline window to quickly see a thumbnail of every frame in your animation
- Includes picture dotting process with changeable colors, shapes, and sizes for creating top quality morphs
Pricing, Availability and Requirements
Morpheus Photo Animation Suite has an MSRP of $49.99 and is available from Smith Micro and from popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide. For more information on the product, visit: http://www.allume.com/mac/photoanimation/.
To learn more about our complete line of products, visit: www.smithmicro.com or www.allume.com.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher, 10.4 or higher recommended; G4 400 mhz or faster, Intel Core CPU recommended.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops and markets wireless multimedia and communications solutions, mobile device management products, image and data compression solutions and many award winning software products. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through Smith Micro's Enterprise, Channel and OEM Sales Groups, and direct from our websites, retail and value-added resellers (VARs) partners. Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI.
Safe Harbor Statement: This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation forward-looking statements relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's ability to increase its business and the anticipated timing and financial performance of new products and potential acquisitions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statements. Smith Micro assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo, StuffIt and StuffIt Wireless are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.