Company Expands Its Consumer Product Line by Offering OfficeReady 4.0 Professional - An All-In-One Marketing Solution for Small Businesses
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Consumer Group today announced it has signed an exclusive publishing agreement with KMT Software, Inc., a leading supplier of high-quality content for Microsoft Office and other desktop applications. Their innovative software product known as OfficeReady 4.0 Professional provides small businesses a simple solution for creating professional marketing documents, business forms and financial spreadsheets.
"We are very excited to team up with KMT Software to distribute their leading office software solution for small businesses," said Fletcher Wu, Product Manager, Smith Micro Software, Inc. "Our expertise and strong channel relationships combined with KMT's award-winning OfficeReady software is truly an incredible opportunity for Smith Micro and will bring tremendous value to our customers and the industry."
OfficeReady 4.0 Professional includes a library of 400+ professionally-designed templates, royalty-free graphics and built-in tools for a more powerful Microsoft Office experience. Its simple 3-step process lets users select, customize and print/save templates in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The all-in-one marketing solution creates impressive advertisements, newsletters, resumes, sales reports, calendars, invoices, business cards and more.
"We are thrilled to partner with Smith Micro in expanding our new version of OfficeReady into the retail market," said Robert DeVita, Product Manager, KMT Software, Inc. "Our proven line of complete customized software solutions, combined with Smith Micro's expertise produces a winning combination for consumers."
OfficeReady 4.0 Professional Software Features Include:
- PDF Roundtrip - OfficeReady users can leverage the built-in PDF converter to create Adobe PDF files from Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Users can also easily convert PDF files back into a Microsoft Word document.
- Integrated Tools for Microsoft Office Applications - OfficeReady features a powerful document and image management toolbar in the Microsoft Office applications, allowing users the ability to change colors and modify photographs with a few simple clicks.
- Easy-To-Use Graphical User Interface - OfficeReady features a fully-integrated GUI, allowing users to easily browse based on simple search criteria.
- Professional Designed Templates - Includes a library of over 400+ uniquely designed and pre-formatted Microsoft Office templates giving users the ability to create designer-quality newsletters, reports, calendars, advertisements, flyers, presentations and more!
- Image Browser - The Graphics Desk Image Browser program allows users to view and insert thousands of clip art and high quality photos into business documents, adding a professional look to the business.
- Automatic Profiles - Ability for users to insert their company name, address, logo or signature into new documents automatically.
- Photo Editor - Includes common photo editing tools such as color control, image filters, crop, resize and more! With OfficeReady's built-in photo editor, users can insert images and pictures directly into Word documents from their computer, camera or scanner.
- Unique Photo Sockets - With unique Photo Sockets, users can insert photos and images of different shapes and sizes.
- Color Themes - Ability to create, edit, save, delete, import and export color themes into a document. Includes a built-in Color Manager that lets users pick any color from their documents, images and photos allowing for a simple and effective way to create brand and marketing documents for a business.
Pricing and Availability:
The MSRP for OfficeReady is $69.99. The software is available at www.smithmicro.com or www.allume.com, popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
OfficeReady is compatible with the Windows platform and has the following system requirements: Operating Systems - Windows XP and Windows Vista. Microsoft Office versions include: Office 2000, Office XP (2002), Office 2003, and Office 2007.
About Smith Micro Software:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, develops and markets wireless communication, broadband and utility software products. The company designs integrated cross platform, easy-to-use software for personal and business computing worldwide. With a focus on wireless, broadband and Internet technologies, the company's products and services enable wireless communications, file and image compression, digital image and music management. Their award-winning software solutions empower Windows and Macintosh users in the areas of information access, removal, recovery, security, and Internet distribution. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through Smith Micro's Enterprise Group, Channel Sales Group, OEM Sales Group, direct from our websites, retail and value-added resellers (VARs) channels. Smith Micro's common stock trades on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI.
About KMT Software, Inc.:
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, KMT Software was established in 1991. Since then, the company has become a leading supplier of high-quality content for Microsoft Office and other desktop applications with easy-to-use applications, dynamic templates, and add-ins that expand functionality. With a community of over 1,000,000 users, KMT Software is committed to helping people do more with the products they already have.
Safe Harbor Statement: This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation forward-looking statements relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's ability to increase its business and the anticipated timing and financial performance of new products and potential acquisitions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statements. Smith Micro assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo, QuickLink, StuffIt, Internet Cleanup and Spring Cleaning are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.