Five Integrated Products Provide World-Class Anti-Virus and Firewall Protection, System Diagnostics, and Powerful Tools Designed to Enhance the Internet Experience.
ALISO VIEJO, CA -- Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI), a developer and marketer of a wide range of utility software and service solutions, announced today the launch of CheckIt® Speed &a,p; Security Internet Suite, a new and invaluable tool for any home or business Web surfer. CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite combines five powerful applications in one easy-to-install utility that provides exceptional protection against viruses and hackers while optimizing speed, removing unwanted pop-up (or pop-under) ads, and maximizing system performance for the best possible Internet experience.
"As much as we rely on the Internet, it is amazing how many systems are unprotected from hazards of surfing," said Doug Deck, Director of Channel Sales for Smith Micro. "Hackers and viruses can infiltrate a user's PC without warning, potentially causing major damage. Unwanted billboard advertising also surfaces with annoying regularity and what's more, modems and system devices often run at less than peak performance due to misadjusted settings or system conflicts.
"CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite has been developed to put a stop to these frustrations," Deck continued. "Now, with one simple product, Internet users can have a faster, safer, and less annoying time surfing the World Wide Web."
CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite is the most comprehensive, robust suite of Internet tools yet available. The affordable product is comprised of five separate applications including:
- CheckIt® Firewall, a user-friendly PC firewall solution with revolutionary intrusion defense technology. CheckIt Firewall provides "always on" safety, monitoring and controlling port-scanning activity from any outside source while protecting against Trojans and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. The solution also traces and catalogues the source of intruder attack, and adjusts PC connections to prevent future compromise.
- World-Class Virus Protection, featuring protection from over 63,000 known viruses. CheckIt Speed & Security Suite's anti-virus tool also offers real-time floppy and hard drive scanning, instant cleaning of infected files, and one year's worth of free updates to protect users from as-yet unknown viruses.
- CheckIt® 86, an innovative advertisement blocker that eliminates pop-up and pop-under ads automatically. CheckIt 86 not only stops unwanted ads, but logs Web sites for future reference where content was blocked.
- CheckIt® NetOptimizer, an Internet tune-up tool that guarantees you're getting all the Internet speed you're paying for. Equally valuable for dial-up or broadband connections, CheckIt NetOptimizer adjusts modems for maximum speed, troubleshoots and resolves connection problems, and benchmarks performance for future analysis, among other benefits.
- CheckIt® Utilities, for best-of-class PC diagnostics and troubleshooting. CheckIt Utilities tracks and benchmarks PC performance over time while testing, analyzing, and identifying system problems to keep PCs running problem-free.
Industrial Strength Protection, Warp Speed Performance
CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite is a must for home users, small office/home office personnel, students, Internet-connected mobile workers, and anyone else who needs to surf the Web with complete confidence. It combines the latest and most reliable active/passive security protection with a host of other technologies that make Internet use truly enjoyable and pain-free.
CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite is suitable for any PC with Intel® Pentium 133 or higher processor and 30MB free disk space. It requires 32 MB RAM and at least one network adapter or modem, Internet Explorer 4.0 or later, and Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 95 or NT 4.0 with SP5 or higher.
Manufacturer's suggested retail price for CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite is $69.95. The product is currently available at CompUSA, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center, Staples, and a variety of computer and electronics retailers. For more purchase information visit the Smith Micro Web site at www.smithmicro.com.
About Smith Micro Software:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, is a developer and marketer of wireless communication and utility software products. The company designs integrated, cross platform, easy-to-use software for personal computing and business solutions around the world. With a focus on the Internet, Wireless, and Broadband technologies, the company's products and services enable eCommerce, eBusiness, Internet communications (voice-over-IP), video conferencing, wireless communications, and network fax, along with traditional computer telephony. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through direct sales, retail stores, value-added resellers (VARs) and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Smith Micro's common stock trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the symbol SMSI. For more information, contact Smith Micro at (949) 362-5800.
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation, the company's projected return to profitability in the third or fourth quarters as well as an increase in business for our Internet Solutions Division. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies and customer acceptance of those technologies fluctuations or cancellations in orders from distribution customers, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo, and CheckIt are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.