VideoLink World is a New Online Community of H.323 Videoconferencing Users that Provides a Simple Way to Find Other People with the Same Interests.
ALISO VIEJO, CA -- Smith Micro Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMSI), today announced the release of its new VideoLink® World, a free Internet service. VideoLink World allows users to meet and collaborate on-line. The website allows users to create public or private meeting rooms, and other users can be called by simply clicking on their name. VideoLink World even allows users of other H.323 products to join the fun. You can visit VideoLink World at http://www.videolinkworld.com.
VideoLink® Pro 3.0 is a complete videoconferencing, video mail, and video security product for the Windows platform. VideoLink Pro brings ease of use to the video market, while at the same time has many additional features. VideoLink Pro 3.0 just started shipping, and is available for electronic purchase for $59.95 on the company's web site http://www.smithmicro.com.
"VideoLink Pro is not only an H.323 videoconferencing application, but it integrates other great features like video mail and video sentry," said David Sperling, Vice President of Engineering and CTO for Smith Micro. "We have focused considerable effort in fine tuning VideoLink Pro to work in any bandwidth situation, from a 56K modem, to a cable, or DSL modem. We are especially proud of our performance in a high-speed network environment. Users should be able to achieve 30 frames per second with the large picture size, with no need for any special hardware acceleration. We believe this places VideoLink Pro in a spot to compete with hardware based videoconferencing products, costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars more."
VideoLink Pro Features include:
- H.323 Videoconference - Talk over the Internet to friends and family. VideoLink Pro connects with other H.323 products including Smith Micro's VideoLink® Pro for Macintosh application.
- VideoLink Tray Application - A mini-applet that runs in the background, waiting for an inbound call. There is not a need to run the main application to take videoconferencing calls.
- Video Mail - Smith Micro's patented video mail technology is integrated right into VideoLink Pro and allows any user to email recorded videos. VideoLink Pro compacts your message on the fly and then sends the clip with an attached player. There is no need for your recipient to install any software. They just click on the email attachment and the video mail will play.
- Video Sentry - VideoLink Pro can be your 24x7 security guard. Its patent-pending video motion detection technology senses when an event occurs, and records a full-motion multimedia clip. Sentry can then email or call another videoconferncing computer to alert the user of the detection.
- Video Answering Machine - Personalize an outgoing greeting and receive multimedia messages in your inbox.
About Smith Micro Software:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, is a developer and marketer of wireless communication and utility software products. The company designs integrated, cross platform, easy-to-use software for personal computing and business solutions around the world. With a focus on the Internet, Wireless, and Broadband technologies, the company's products enable eCommerce, eBusiness, Internet communications, video conferencing, wireless communications, and network fax, along with traditional computer telephony. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through direct sales, retail stores, value-added resellers (VAR's) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM's). Smith Micro's common stock trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the symbol SMSI. For more information, contact Smith Micro at (949) 362-5800.
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors affecting the company's operations, markets, products, services and prices, as well as other factors detailed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K & 10-Q.
VideoLink, Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.