Advanced Internet Telephony Software Now Supports conexs.com Internet Service and Enables Real Time Audio/Video Internet Communications For Home And Business
Aliso Viejo, CA - - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMSI), today announced the release of its new Internet CommSuiteTM 2.0 software, an upgraded version of its popular Internet telephony application. Compliant with conexs.comTM, Smith Micro's new Internet communication service, Internet CommSuite 2.0, enables real time, person-to-person Internet communications including Internet phone with a video phone option; Internet fax; multimedia e-mail; Internet chat; and an Internet answering machine. Internet CommSuite 2.0 begins shipping today to Smith Micro resellers worldwide and has a street price of $39.95.
"As more homes and businesses use the Internet for communications, Internet CommSuite 2.0 and conexs.com are positioned to be used for high quality, private everyday Internet voice, and video communications," said Rod Lippincott, Director of Marketing for Smith Micro.
A new feature allows Internet CommSuite 2.0 to work within Smith Micro's conexs.com Internet communication service. Internet CommSuite 2.0 users can log on to the service and enjoy real-time audio and video Internet-based communications.
* Offers real-time communication via the Internet
* Links Internet users together for real-time Internet communication
* Creates a cost-efficient alternative to the telephone
* Provides worldwide phone Internet communication capabilities
* Lets users choose a private circle of friends for your own private "phone book"
Users can download a free copy of the conexs.com base client from Smith Micro's conexs.com Web site - www.conexs.com.
Internet CommSuite 2.0 offers a cost-efficient alternative to traditional voice and video communications. Developed for use with a modem and broadband technologies such as cable and xDSL, Internet CommSuite 2.0 integrates multiple functions into one software solution for easy and versatile online communications.
- Internet Phone and Video Phone - Talk over the Internet to a "public" list of friends with Internet CommSuite 2.0, or to a "private" list by using conexs.com. Because both work without phone company long-distance calling charges, Internet CommSuite 2.0 and conexs.com are cost-efficient alternatives to the conventional telephone. With the addition of a video camera, users also enjoy live video conferencing.
- Multimedia E-Mail - Record and send voice messages with e-mails. With a video camera, users can send full-motion video messages. Special software is not required to view the messages, since a player is embedded in each message. Scanned or digital camera photos can also be added.
- Internet Fax - Windows documents can be faxed to any fax machine in the world, eliminating phone company long-distance charges. Fax from a PC to individuals or broadcast groups and receive automatic notification that the fax was transmitted successfully.
- Internet Answering Machine - Personalize an outgoing greeting and receive voice or voice/video messages on a PC.
- Internet Video Sentry - With a video camera set up, users record and forward a 30-second e-mail clip when motion is detected in front of the camera.
- Internet Chat - With enhanced voice or video, users have the ability to create "contact lists" or establish a private chat room.
About Smith Micro
Headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, Smith Micro is a leading developer and marketer of software products that make communications simple. With a focus on Smith Micro logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Internet, broadband and modem-based technologies, the company designs integrated, easy-to-use software that enables fax, data, voice and video communication to personal computer users around the world. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through direct sales, retail stores, value-added resellers (VARs) and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Smith Micro's common stock trades on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the symbol SMSI. For more information, contact Smith Micro at 949/362-5800.
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors effecting the company's operations, markets, products, services and prices, as well as, other factors detailed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
conexs.com, Internet CommSuite, Smith Micro and the Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.