ALISO VIEJO, CA, August 10, 2016 – Building on 10 years of innovation, Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) has released a rebranded and greatly expanded Anime Studio® graphics application, now called Moho™ 12. The latest version of the company’s award-winning, all-in-one tool for 2D animation delivers 16 new major features, a new user interface, streamlined workflow tools, and five new characters, offering professionals, workgroups, and hobbyists an affordable tool to create professional quality animation from start to finish.
“Moho 12 is the most complete drawing and animation solution on the market. It offers incomparable value for professionals looking for a powerful, efficient alternative to expensive tools or tedious traditional animation,” said Fahim Niaz, Director of Product Management at Smith Micro Software.
Moho 12 Highlights Video
Moho 12 extends the industry’s most powerful 2D rigging system with innovative new features and group collaboration improvements, making it faster and easier for teams to work together to deliver professional quality animations. See highlights of the new features and content in this YouTube video.
Professional Animators Comment on Moho 12
Mike Morris, Director, Disney Television Animation: “Moho 12 is a landmark release of this software. The folks at Smith Micro have really upped their game on this one!”
Danny Sugar, Sugarcube Studios founder: “Moho is back with a bang! Now with Bezier path control, split channel animation, precise deformation maps, improved drawing tools and more, and all controlled by the amazing Smart Bone system. If you’ve been holding off the upgrade, now is the time, and if you’ve never used Moho – do yourself a favor!”
Charles Kenway, storyboard artist: “Moho 12 changes the game with incredible new tools and enhancements. Drawing is now a breeze. Fluid, expressive freehand line work is fast and fun with superb point reduction and Bezier control. Smart Warp brings a new dimension to your animations. Join the Moho revolution!”
“We rebranded the product back to its original name to better reflect the broad uses enabled by Moho 12, including cartoon creation, feature films, vector illustrations, stop motion, cut-out animations and much more,” continued Niaz. “The industry response to the rebrand and feature set has been fantastic!”
Notable New Features of Moho 12
- Bezier Handles: Users now get more design control with customizable vector Bezier handles, optimized for animation, which enable the creation of unique line bends with fewer points
- Smart Warp: For both images and vectors, users can now create custom meshes that can bend, shape, twist and animate assets
- Simultaneous Multiple Layer Animation: Boost productivity by editing multiple layers on the same timeline, without having to jump back and forth between layers
- Enhanced vector import / export capabilities: True SVG support allows for vector art outside of Moho to be imported without compromises, and for vector art in Moho to be exported to another vector editor with all points and animation intact
- Select Switch Window: Eliminates the need to memorize Switch Layer names; includes time saving workflows for lip synching, eye movements, hand gestures and other frame-by-frame tasks
Key Collaboration Enhancements of Moho 12
- New Library: Re-built from the ground up, the Moho 12 library safely houses important assets with a slick, responsive interface
- Workspaces creation: Arrange folders and assets to suit the job at hand; share workspaces with other team members to easily create a consistent work environment
- Moho Exporter: Streamlined panel makes it easy to drag and drop video files into the converter, while compression and save location options make navigating easier
A full list of features and enhancements is available here.
Pricing and Availability
Moho Pro 12 is available for $399.99, and Moho Debut 12 for aspiring animators is $69.99. Detailed product, pricing and upgrade information is available here.
For information about other Smith Micro graphics and animation solutions, click here.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro develops software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to some of the leading wireless service providers, device manufacturers, and enterprise businesses around the world. From optimizing wireless networks to uncovering customer experience insights, and from streamlining Wi-Fi access to ensuring family safety, our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones. Our portfolio also includes a wide range of products for creating, sharing, and monetizing rich content, such as visual messaging, video streaming, and 2D/3D graphics applications. For more information, visit smithmicro.com (NASDAQ: SMSI)
Safe Harbor Statement:
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties including, without limitation, forward-looking statements relating to the company’s financial prospects and projections, the company’s ability to increase its business, and the anticipated timing and financial performance of new products. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company’s ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statements. Smith Micro assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Smith Micro and any other company.