Professional Artists and Production Teams Can Use Poser Pro 2010 throughout the Creative Process to Make 3D Images and Animations for Print, Film, Broadcast and Web
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group, today announced the launch of Poser® Pro 2010, the fastest way for professional artists and production teams to add 3D characters to their projects. Since 1997, artists around the globe have relied on Poser technology to create photorealistic images for a variety of industries including architecture, advertising, film, television and social networks. With over 2.5GB of ready-to-use content such as pre-rigged, fully textured 3D characters, Poser Pro 2010 saves users time and development resources to quickly turn complex ideas into three-dimensional reality.
The phenomenal success of recent big-budget feature films such as Avatar has opened the door for 3D characters in movies, TV programming, commercials, Web content and video shorts. However, creating 3D content is complicated and time-consuming for artists, requiring meticulous care to set-up elements such as hair, skin texture, bone rigging, clothing, lighting and poses. Poser Pro 2010 simplifies the work of designing characters from start to finish with advanced features such as a Talk Designer, Walk Designer, Morph Brush, Face Room, Dynamic Hair and Cloth Tools and many more.
"Used as a standalone character animation system or as a key component in a larger production pipeline, Poser Pro 2010 makes it easy for content creation professionals to add 3D characters to their projects," said Steve Cooper, Senior Product Manager of Graphics Solutions for Smith Micro Software, Inc. "Fundamental to Poser Pro 2010 is the ability to integrate characters within other popular applications such as 3DS Max, Maya and Cinema 4D using the industry-standard COLLADA. Artists can create 3D humans, monsters, robots or animals using Poser's custom character tools and then seamlessly populate scenes and landscapes. The ability to easily create characters for use in multiple applications offers greater flexibility and enables Poser Pro users to reduce time and resources in the development cycle."
Poser Pro Features and Benefits:
- NEW - Enhanced User Interface - Features a more efficient tool layout and a user configurable work environment
- NEW - Content Management System - Allows easier access to content collections with the ability to search both a library's content and Smith Micro's online market Content Paradise by category and keyword, providing a hierarchy list view and more detailed pop-up expanding previews
- NEW - Indirect Lighting - Includes the ability to combine indirect diffuse illumination with improved irradiance caching and path tracing. Poser Pro 2010 renders images with global illumination that are so realistic that they can fool an untrained eye
- NEW - Improved Rigging System - Includes multiple Falloff Zones and Joint Strength preview, users can rig problem areas - such as hips and shoulders - with more precision, resulting in more realistic bending figures
- NEW -Figures - Includes eight new, ready-to-pose 3D human characters, offered in different ethnicities and body types to provide artists with multiple starting points for their creations
- NEW - Features more than 1GB of New Content plus 1.5+ gigabytes of previously released, ready-to-use 3D scene assets
- NEW - Render PSD layers - Poser Pro 2010 renders Photoshop layers for a scene's Normal, Position, Z-Depth, UV and ToonID, a great asset for users compositing Poser content using Photoshop and Aftereffects.
- NEW - Dependent Parameter Tool - A new tool that allows artists to create, modify and edit master parameters within the scene. Complex interactions can be created, such as full- and partial-body morphs, advanced body controls and parameter-controlled scene assets
- NEW - Cross-Body Part Morph Tool - Enables artists to easily create effects such as muscle bulges, scales, bumps, horns, veins, wounds and surface details across multiple body parts
- NEW - StuffIt® Connect and Facebook image uploading direct from Poser Pro lets users distribute renderings and collaborate with clients as well as sharing images with their contacts.
- NEW - Physically Correct Light Falloff - Features control spot and point lights to more closely reproduce realistic light falloff from full bright to dark
- NEW - Tone Mapping and Exposure - Helps artists control bright or dark areas within an image to produce higher-quality, final renderings with better contrast
- NEW - Normal Mapping - Allows users to add fine detail to object surfaces, making them appear more intricate without the added computational overhead from additional polygons
- NEW - Wardrobe Wizard - Allows artists to re-use existing clothing assets by fitting them to the new Poser 8 character set
- NEW - wxPython Support - Enables third-party developers to create more advanced plug-in functionality that can be fully integrated directly within Poser's user interface.
Pricing and Availability:
- The MSRP for Poser Pro 2010 is $499.99 with upgrades from the previous version of Poser Pro priced at $199.99.
- Users that have purchased both a license for Poser® 8 and for Poser Pro can upgrade to Poser Pro 2010 for $50.00 by March 31, 2010. On April 1, 2010, this upgrade price will increase to $70.00.
- Existing Poser 8, 7, 6 users can purchase Poser Pro 2010 at a special price of $249.99.
Existing customers can visit http://www.smithmicro.com/poserpro/upgrade to upgrade. Poser Pro 2010 is available direct from the Smith Micro online store at: http://www.smithmicro.com/poserpro and from popular resellers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
For site licensing and educational pricing, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Smith Micro at (831) 768-3612.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops mobility solutions that enable seamless broadband connectivity and next generation media and mobile convergence products over wireless networks.
The Company's Productivity and Graphics Group provides software solutions for people who want their computing experience to be more secure, organized and creative. Smith Micro Software's complete lines of products are available through its sales groups, and direct from its websites, retail distributors and value-added resellers. Smith Micro Software's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. Stay connected with Poser updates on Facebook and Twitter or visit http://www.smithmicro.com.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.