Spring Cleaning 10 Cleans, Protects and Organizes Files for Maximum Performance
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Consumer Group today announced the release of Spring Cleaning® 10 for Macintosh, which boosts performance with over 50 easy-to-use tools that help users clean up file clutter and better manage content on their Macs, reclaim more disk space and perform comprehensive system maintenance.
Spring Cleaning 10 introduces additional benefits for a more comprehensive feature set to meet challenges Mac users face today. For example, the dashboard provides a single interface to the Mac's content, with the ability to better organize, search and move files, batch, rename photo files, archive and burn files for off-site storage saving disk space, automating common tasks with scripting and much more.
"Spring Cleaning 10 makes file management on the Mac easier and faster than ever before," said Fletcher Wu, Product Manager, Smith Micro Software, Inc. "This new version helps Mac users at virtually any level to better organize their Macs and save time while maximizing available space on the hard drive."
New Features and Benefits:
- File Sorter - File Sorter uses customized criteria to organize all types of files, including documents, images and music, into folders according to file type, size, date created, date modified and more. Users can now easily organize folders into sub-folder groups similar to a filing cabinet so files are easier to access and manage.
- Photo A.K.A. - New to Photo A.K.A. is Picasa and Flickr support, which enables users to rename, resize and upload photos directly to online photo albums on Flickr and Picasa websites. Photo A.K.A. also includes support for importing images from cameras and seamlessly exporting them to iPhoto with meaningful file names. Additional features include burning files to disc, saving files to archives or disk images, emailing files, resizing images and uploading them to web services.
- Movie Finder - With the ability to identify 17 common video formats, Movie Finder uses a single interface to find all videos on the Mac, including QuickTime, Windows Media, MPEG, Flash, AVI, iMovie projects, TiVo, DivX, Google Video, DVD files and many more.
- Podcast Finder - This tool finds files on the Mac recognized as podcasts by iTunes and keeps them in a single, easy to search library. Instead of manually searching for podcasts scattered around the Mac, users can save valuable time by using Podcast Finder to quickly locate podcasts that users want to delete, archive, or burn to CD/DVD.
- Application Scripting - Spring Cleaning now supports AppleScript and other scripting languages such as Python and Ruby by utilizing the Scripting Bridge support in Mac OS 10.5. This will allow users to create their own scripted workflows to automate common Spring Cleaning tasks.
- Poser® Integration - Spring Cleaning helps Poser users collect and import scene content to better manage their extensive Poser Libraries. Leveraging Spring Cleaning 10's new scripting support, PoserPython's scripting support facilitates collecting scene inventory and packaging it in disk images or StuffIt archives for delivery.
Spring Cleaning 10 offers smart, powerful search tools to locate music, images, archives, widgets and more. It also includes popular features from past versions such as task scheduling to automate common and repetitive tasks, and the ability to fix permissions, easily identify and delete duplicate files, and search and locate lost email attachments
Pricing and Availability:
Spring Cleaning 10 is available for $49.99 direct from the Smith Micro web store at: http://www.smithmicro.com/springcleaning, as well as at popular resellers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
Registered users of any version of Spring Cleaning can upgrade to Spring Cleaning 10 for $19.99. This offer is available for a limited time. To upgrade, please visit: www.smithmicro.com/springcleaning.
Spring Cleaning requires Mac OS 10.4.2 or newer with 300 MB or more of disk space. Scripting support is available for machines running Mac OS 10.5 or newer.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops smart communication solutions that enable people to connect, share, distribute and manage information over wireless and wired networks. Smith Micro's complete lines of products are available through Smith Micro's Wireless, OEM, and Enterprise Sales groups and direct from its websites, retail and value-added reseller (VARs). Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. For more information, please visit: http://www.smithmicro.com.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.