Smith Micro Partners With Anonymizer Inc. and Launches Software That Provides Maximum Identity Protection and Defense Against Internet Fraud
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMSI) today announced the release of Anonymizer® Anonymous Surfing Platinum(TM), a powerful new Internet protection software suite that blocks, encrypts, and defends users' information against Internet fraud. The Anonymous Surfing Platinum suite is a comprehensive privacy protection software program which protects user's private information and is published under the Smith Micro brand of products.
"The new Anonymous Surfing Platinum suite gives users an easy-to-use, powerful Internet privacy and identity protection solution," said Pauline Shumake, Senior Product Manager, Smith Micro Software, Inc. "With built-in encryption and wireless security, users are protected from spam, phishing and pharming scams, spyware, and Internet fraud and are able to surf the Internet confidentially and anonymously."
"Anonymizer is excited to bring this new security suite to the retail market with Smith Micro," said Jonathan Moneymaker, Product Manager at Anonymizer, Inc. "Our strategic decision to combine Anonymizer's innovative line of privacy and identity protection solutions with Smith Micro's strong retail presence will prove to be successful for both companies."
Anonymizer Anonymous Surfing Platinum is a powerful software suite that contains a wide array of features, including:
- Anonymizer Anonymous Surfing(TM) -- Shields IP addresses through a patent-pending process and provides Wi-Fi data security and 128-bit SSL encryption.
- Anonymizer Digital Shredder(TM) -- Permanently removes cookies, Internet tracks and sensitive files.
- Anonymizer Nyms(TM) -- Creates anonymous, disposable email addresses to protect users' primary email addresses.
- Anti-Spyware -- Detects, removes, and destroys the latest spyware programs by placing corrupt files in quarantine
- Quickfill(TM) -- Protects users' private information, preventing keyloggers from recording telltale keystrokes that reveal account numbers, PINs, and other confidential information.
- Spamcatcher® -- Combines six anti-spam tools and blocks 99% of unwanted emails. This award-winning anti-spam tool includes a full year of spam filter updates.
- Anti-Phishing -- Blocks phishing attacks from penetrating email in-boxes with fingerprint technology and ScamDefense tools. Anti-phishing protection requires no set-up and starts automatically once SpamCatcher is activated.
- Password Generator -- Generates complex and random passwords for use in any program, utility, website, and stores it in an encrypted vault for easy access.
Pricing and Availability
Anonymizer Anonymous Surfing Platinum has an MSRP of $49.99 and is available from Smith Micro and from popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
To learn more about Anonymizer and Anonymous Surfing Platinum and our complete line of products, visit: www.smithmicro.com or www.allume.com
About Smith Micro Software:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, is a developer and marketer of wireless communications and utility software products for multiple OS platforms. The company designs easy-to-use software for personal computing and business solutions around the world. With a focus on wireless and broadband technologies and the Internet, the company's products and services enable wireless communications, file and image compression, digital image and music management. In addition, Smith Micro develops and publishes award-winning software solutions for Windows and Macintosh, empowering users in the areas of information access, removal, recovery, security, and Internet distribution. Smith Micro's leading brands are QuickLink®, StuffIt®, CheckIt®, Internet Cleanup(TM) and Spring Cleaning®. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through retail stores, Value-Added Resellers (VARs), Smith Micro's consumer, enterprise, wireless OEM sales groups and the company's websites. Smith Micro's common stock trades on The NASDAQ Stock Market® under the symbol SMSI.
About Anonymizer, Inc.:
Anonymizer is the leading provider of Internet privacy and security solutions for consumers, corporations, organizations, and government agencies. The company provides safe and secure Web experiences to millions of global Internet users. Its Web site is home to the world's most popular Internet privacy service, Anonymous Surfing, which defends users from the most prevalent Internet privacy and security threats. Anonymizer identity protection solutions have been used to protect billions of Web pages since the company's inception in 1995. Anonymizer is privately held and headquartered in San Diego, California. (http://www.anonymizer.com)
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation risks and uncertainties relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's plans for returning to sustained profitability and the company's ability to increase its business in segments of the company. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from distribution customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statement and are discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Smith Micro, the Smith Micro logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.