Internet Cleanup 5.0 Combines Anti-Spyware and Enhanced Privacy Protection To Provide A Comprehensive Solution for the PC.
ALISO VIEJO, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) announced a new version of Internet Cleanup™ for Windows. Internet Cleanup 5.0 has been redesigned to enhance protection of your privacy online and offline. Using Internet Cleanup 5.0 users' not only protect their privacy from spyware and phishing scams but also from intruders trying to gain access to their personal information.
Internet Cleanup 5 protects files, folders and applications from unauthorized access and blocks sensitive information from being transmitted over the Internet. Internet Cleanup 5 erases their Internet data trail and permanently removes tracking devices left on computers by websites they have visited. Users can easily select a security level to block banner ads and pop-ups. Informative statistics tells users the number of unwanted cookies and history files, their cache size, Active X controls, recent list entries, and more. Internet Cleanup 5 allows scheduled cleanings of remote computers as well as the local computer.
"Internet Cleanup 5 protects your private information from intruders, spammers, keyloggers and other spyware," said Pauline Shumake, Senior Product Manager, Smith Micro Software, Inc. "With Internet Cleanup's QuickFill feature you can deflect keyloggers by limiting the keystrokes you use to enter private information."
Internet Cleanup 5's redesigned interface includes a new spyware engine with a quarantine feature that detects and removes more spyware than ever. Configuring Internet Cleanup's features is easy with the new Configuration Wizard. Protection against phishers and spammers is built right into Internet Cleanup.
Internet Cleanup 5.0 also contains the following features:
* NEW! RE-DESIGNED ANTI-SPYWARE ENGINE WITH QUARANTINE - Internet Cleanup 5 now detects and removes more spyware than ever. Place offending files in quarantine or destroy them forever. Internet Cleanup 5 protects against the newest spyware programs with one year of routine updates to give users the latest security.
* NEW! QUICKFILL™ STOPS KEYLOGGERS- Internet Cleanup 5 protects users from keyloggers even before they know they have one installed. Quickfill enters user's private information for them so that keyloggers cannot record those telltale keystrokes that reveal account numbers, PIN's and like.
* NEW! SPAMCATCHER® - Award winning anti-spam tool, SpamCatcher, has been integrated into Internet Cleanup. Combining six anti-spam tools and vast network of users, it blocks 99% of unwanted emails, just letting in the emails that users want. Internet Cleanup users enjoy a full year of spam filter updates.
* NEW! ANTI-PHISHING - Internet Cleanup blocks phishing attacks from getting through to email in-boxes with fingerprint technology and ScamDefense tools. Anti-phishing protection requires no set-up and starts automatically as soon as SpamCatcher is activated.
* NEW! PASSWORD GENERATOR - Generate complex and random passwords and keep them in an encrypted keychain for easy and protected access. Easily generate passwords for use in any program, utility, or website.
* NEW! USER INTERFACE- Internet Cleanup has been re-written to enhance the user experience. Features are easier to use, faster to get at, and easier to set up.
* NEW! CONFIGURATION WIZARD - Setting up Internet Cleanup's privacy protection and anti-spyware is a breeze with the new Configuration Wizard. Set up passwords and profiles during installation or any time thereafter.
Pricing and Availability
Internet Cleanup sells for MSRP of $29.99. Users of earlier versions of Internet Cleanup can upgrade to Internet Cleanup 5.0 for a special price of $14.99. This offer is available for a limited time only. To upgrade go to: http://www.allume.com/store/upgrades.
To learn more about Internet Cleanup, on the Net visit: http://www.allume.com/win/cleanup/
To learn more about and our product lines visit: www.smithmicro.com or www.allume.com.
About Smith Micro Software:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, CA, is a developer and marketer of wireless communication, broadband and utility software products for multiple OS platforms. The company designs integrated cross platform, easy-to-use software for personal computing and business solutions around the world. With a focus on Wireless and Broadband technologies and the Internet, the company's products and services enable wireless communications, file and image compression, digital image and music management, eCommerce, eBusiness, Internet communications (voice-over-IP), video conferencing, and traditional computer telephony. The Consumer division develops and publishes award-winning software solutions for Windows and Macintosh, empowering users in the areas of information access, removal, recovery, security, and Internet distribution. Our leading brands are QuickLink®, StuffIt®, Internet Cleanup™ and Spring Cleaning®. Smith Micro's complete line of products are available online at the company's websites, direct from our enterprise group, retailers, and through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) symbol SMSI. For more information, contact Smith Micro at (949) 362-5800.
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation risks and uncertainties relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's plans for returning to sustained profitability and the company's ability to increase its business in segments of the company. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from distribution customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statement and are discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Internet Cleanup are trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies