November 28, 2007
Smith Micro Software's Consumer Group Launches Digital TV 4 PC (DTV4PC)
An Innovative Way to Watch TV On Your PC, Offering Over 1,000 Channels With No Monthly Fee
ALISO VIEJO, CA – Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Compression and Consumer Group today launched DTV4PC, an exciting software program which turns the computer into a digital entertainment center. DTV4PC brings over 1,000 television stations directly to any PC without paying for subscription, pay-per-view or recurring fees.
Over a thousand local, regional, national and international broadcasters can now be easily located and "tuned," providing users immediate online access to a huge variety of programming including sports, news, music, videos, movies and much more. The intuitive software also features the DTV Radio Player that gives users full access to over 2,000 live radio stations from around the world.
"Since the advent of television in the late 1930s, standalone television sets have been a dominant source for entertainment and up-to-date information, but now consumers have a choice," said David Polzine, Senior Product Manager at Smith Micro Software, Inc. "Today, thanks to the Internet, users have access to live and pre-recorded programming on thousands of stations aggregated through digital and satellite signals via their computers. And because it makes locating and watching content effortless, DTV4PC is the perfect solution for everyone from traveling business professionals to busy college students who rely on mobile computing options."
DTV4PC provides an innovative way to find and watch TV from virtually anywhere, whether in the comfort of the home, office, hotel room or even the airport. This innovative software provides easy access to a broad range of programming from primetime TV to sports, movies and children's programs. With DTV4PC there is much more in store for consumers in terms of entertainment at their computer desktops, without the need to pay any on-going fees for access.
Key Features of DTV4PC:
- Movies & Entertainment - An enormous selection of channels including drama, action, comedy, romance and more. The software even allows viewing of foreign, educational films and documentaries.
- Music & Videos - Users can view the hottest music videos, concerts and special events from the world's most popular artists and tune in to over 2,000 radios stations.
- Sports - DTV4PC offers a variety of channels showcasing baseball, soccer, football, basketball, tennis, auto racing, etc. With DTV4PC, users have access to premium international sports channels not readily available in the United States.
- Premium Channels - Includes a broad range of channels featuring the most popular programming on the worldwide airwaves available with no pay-per view fees, or hidden charges. A small sample of these channels include Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox, ABC News, Discovery Channel, MTV Overdrive, EuroTV, Vintage Cartoons, Food Network, National Geographic, Rapture TV, Broadway Network and the Game Network.
- National and Local News, Weather and Politics - Includes dozens of channels with the latest news, weather and politics from all over the country and around the world. Users get channels such as ABC, Fox, NBC and various PBS affiliates with uncensored 24-hours a day access to local news even while on the road.
- Children's Channels - Access to special children programs including cartoons and family shows from all over the world.
Pricing, Availability and Requirements
The MSRP for DTV4PC is $29.99. The application is available at the Smith Micro web store at www.mysmithmicro.com/win/dtv4pc/ as well as popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
DTV4PC supports Microsoft Windows Vista, XP and 2000. 20MB of disk space are required for installation. No TV card is required. Windows Media Player or Real Player is required.
To learn more about DTV4PC and our complete line of software, visit: http://mysmithmicro.com.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops and markets wireless multimedia and communications solutions, mobile device management products, image and data compression solutions and many award winning software products. Smith Micro's complete line of products is available through Smith Micro's Enterprise, Channel and OEM Sales Groups, and direct from our websites, retail and value-added resellers (VARs) partners. Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI.
Safe Harbor Statement: This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation forward-looking statements relating to the company's financial prospects and projections, the company's ability to increase its business and the anticipated timing and financial performance of new products and potential acquisitions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, fluctuations or cancellations in orders from customers, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those presented in any forward-looking statements. Smith Micro assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.
Back to Press Releases